Sign in to follow this  
captain420

REX Airports HD work with P3D v4?

Anyone using this in P3D v4? Does it really enhance all the default Airports? I am considering purchasing this because I am tired of some 3rd party addons really reducing my sim to a crawl and would like to use the default airports instead. Only if this addon is really worth it and makes a big noticeable difference in visual quality.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Unless someone has seen something different it has not be hotfixed for v4. 

This is from the REX forum regarding all their addons and compatibility across all sims

Capture.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Don't know if everyone has noticed, but it looks like the default airport building textures have been updated in v4 with much sharper textures. Nowhere near as good as the REX textures, but better.

Russ

• Upvote 2

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Since textures overall did not changed, I think you can just point to the v4 dictonary like I did with REX TextureDirect. Cloud textures, runway, bumpmap and lights, water texture, everything works with v4. So why World airports should not? Let the program make a backup, change P3D v3 folder to v4 and done... Install all you want.

If it already works this way, why do we need a hotfix for then? What exactly does the hotfix do? Just change the labels from P3D v3 to say P3D v4?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yep, I think thats all + make sure it backups the correct folder and not the v3 one.

If you look at ORBX, they need one week to update FTX Central 3 only for a menu point in their tool for v4. They didnt update any texture nothing.

• Upvote 1

True...

It would be good if REX could use the new add_ons.xml method of installing, rather than trampling all over the default folders...but I suspect that would be too hard :(

Meanwhile a week for a simple menu change is good going, in the business world it's a month minimum going through the change process even if you didn't change anything...actual 'work' is additional :(
Hopefully REX will be testing their install thoroughly so that it doesn't trample the wrong bits...

Cheers
Keith

11 hours ago, Nytro said:

Yep, I think thats all + make sure it backups the correct folder and not the v3 one.

If you look at ORBX, they need one week to update FTX Central 3 only for a menu point in their tool for v4. They didnt update any texture nothing.

That's simply false. The update made was an automatic copying over of existing files and in some cases, FTX Global for example there were updated files downloaded.

I have been using this in P3d V4 for last few days.  as far I can see everything works as it should, runways, markers, buildings, fuel trucks etc are all retextured properly, but obviously YMMV.

On the flight simulator location page when you open the program, I just directed p3d V3 location to P3d v4 folder instead.  As it's only a texture replacer, I can't see any problems with it, and textures appear to be working fine. Make a backup in the program first though, just in case !

Don't blame me if it messes up your install though, use at your own risk !

Good Luck!

I have been using this in P3d V4 for last few days.  as far I can see everything works as it should, runways, markers, buildings, fuel trucks etc are all retextured properly, but obviously YMMV.

On the flight simulator location page when you open the program, I just directed p3d V3 location to P3d v4 folder instead.  As it's only a texture replacer, I can't see any problems with it, and textures appear to be working fine. Make a backup in the program first though, just in case !

Don't blame me if it messes up your install though, use at your own risk !

http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/5106-the-ultimate-p3d-v4-add-on-update-compatibility-list/?do=findComment&comment=8192

CharlieDont5urf.jpg

21 hours ago, captain420 said:

If it already works this way, why do we need a hotfix for then? What exactly does the hotfix do? Just change the labels from P3D v3 to say P3D v4?

We have to check the textures to make sure they still work correctly and it isn't just textures it is also the default models that we change we have to make sure work correctly.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Installed it yesterday, looks fine, but nevertheless I look forward to hotfix to make sure there's no hidden bugs I don't see