Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tophatter

Newbie here. Need Help with Century of Flight on a Dell...

Guest highflight

Just purchased a Dell Latitude D610 with ATI Graphics and loaded up MS Flight Simulator. I have already noticed a couple of problems.First I can't get the menu at the top of the screen to automatically appear when I start flying (I like to have it up all the time). I can force the menu to appear by hitting the ALT key. However it evaporates as soon as I try and to select something from the menu using the pointing device that is built into the keyboard.The second problem occurs when I try and change the direction and angle from which I want to view the airplane in the Spot Plane view configuration screen. If I try and click around the image of the aircraft using the built in pointing device (which usually changes the direction from which you are viewing the aircraft) all that happens is that I get an annoying DING sound indicating that I am trying to do something that is not supported.Would appreciate any help/insight anyone can provide. And, yes I started using Flight Simulator in 1986 (IBM PC Jr, if anyone remembers that machine), and so I still use the keyboard to fly :)Thanks a bunchSunil

Guest Tophatter

If you are in full screen mode (Alt Enter) that is the only way to get the menu, if not in full screen mode right click the main FS window and check or uncheck the Hide Menu Bar option.Bud