Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Aerofly: Encouraging news

Posted by Drhotwing1 https://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthread.php/8264-Updates-Coming-Your-Way

Hello All, 

I wanted to give everyone some reason to be excited about some upcoming updates to Aerofly FS 2 (more than the pure excitement of flying in general). So, most of you already know about the upcoming ORBX releases of LOWI and KCGX, and the mention that ORBX is planning on releasing more larger regions to follow. We want you to know that there is a lot going on that is indeed very exciting for the future of FS2. Current work is being done to complete the new GeoConvert tool that will allow for you to easily make your own photo-real scenery to fly over. As you already know, there is an SDK available that allows for you to make your own airports to go along with this new upcoming tool, this is an important step in the future growth and user interaction of FS2. The SDK will improve further over time as well.

There is already a tool to make custom aircraft liveries, and the list of custom liveries to choose from keeps growing.

Also being finalized is the Q400. This bird is the Bombardier Dash 8 (Q-Series) which will be the first turbo-prop aircraft released for Aerofly FS 2, and it's a beauty. There are just some more tweaks here and there and it will be released. This aircraft will be worth the wait. 

Further updates to the autopilot system and FMS will also be released after a little bit more work; and a couple more surprises thereafter following improved autopilot functionality.

And of course ATC; this system is extremely complex and will still take some time to complete but it's going to take FS 2 to the next level. There will be further information on ATC in the future. 

As most of you know, programming takes time, but what you can clearly see here is that Aerofly FS 2 is certainly on the right path, and there is a certain pride and passion that comes out of each update which clearly shows that IPACS doesn't just rush to throw an update at you, they are well thought out and planned quality updates. 

There is much more coming your way than what i just mentioned to you here. Just remember, all amazing structures start with a solid foundation, and IPACS is well under way building that solid foundation. It will only get better from here.

• Upvote 7

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I want to see traffic on roads and ships sailing on water. That will make FS2's world live and complete...

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

And see the latest announcement from ORBX (John Venema), including pictures, apart from Innsbruck-LOWI, Meigs field (KCGX) in Chicago, with lots of buidings and autogen:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/136389-welcome-to-a-new-meigs-aerofly-fs2/

Definitively, Aerofly FS 2 is a serious contender.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Am excited to see Orbx's regions are coming to AFS2.  Hoping for study level aircraft with most switches in the vc working.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

My disk is ALL AEFS2 now :-)....  Can't escape...

No more flatland for me...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I purchased a 6tb hard disk this morning at a pretty nice price. ($157)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I purchased a 6tb hard disk

Do you think it will be enough? :blink:

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Do you think it will be enough? :blink:

Cheers, Ed

One would hope. :ha:

I noticed when pricing drives that once you exceeded two terabytes, the prices per extra terabyte seemed to even out quite a bit.

So.... with $119 for a 4TB drive and $157 for a 6TB, why not pay the little bit extra?

I did a few hours research first, and went with a Toshiba drive due to the reported reliability in tests, and read some articles suggesting that failure rates for larger drives were pretty much the same as for smaller ones.

Though for safety, I might buy a second one as a backup!

Devons rig

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Though for safety, I might buy a second one as a backup!

Why not? :blink:

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

33 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Why not? :blink:

Cheers, Ed

You do realize, that it's estimated that the whole world in Aerofly would come to a minimum of 4Tb's? :gaul:

Devons rig

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

You do realize, that it's estimated that the whole world in Aerofly would come to a minimum of 4Tb's? :gaul:

Yes, I do. I have it on my gaming laptop with limited HDD space. Time to think about!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

On 07/06/2017 at 8:06 AM, HiFlyer said:

I have been counting up my prepar3d photoscenery. There's around 14Tb of it - much more than I expected! - and I've only covered a fraction of the planet.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I have been counting up my prepar3d photoscenery. There's around 14Tb of it - much more than I expected! - and I've only covered a fraction of the planet.

Size increases almost exponentially depending on the resolution of the scenery.

A resolution approximating that of current fsx textures is not necessarily ginormous.

Devons rig