Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Operations Center updates for users staying on P3D 3.4

I plan on staying with P3Dv3.4 for awhile until I decide to build a new system in a few months. I know you released a new update for those using P3Dv4 or both versions (v3/v4) on the same system which requires a complete uninstall and reinstall. As a P3Dv3.4 only I ran the Operations Center (OC) update and the OC was updated. It also had an update for the 747 which said I need to download the complete setup file. 

My question is do v3 only users need to perform the same task? Besides the way the installer works for both version were there updates to the v3 version that I will be missing out on if I don't update? I did not see a list of changes except for the way the installer works. If new updates come out in the future will I miss out or will the OC install them since they will most likely not be as large as the latest change. I just spent a lot of time configuring the 747 and views to my liking and would hate to start from scratch.   

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I do not know as I don't have P3Dv3. But I'd say it is probably better to do this install anyway because of the new version compatible with P3Dv3 and v4, I guess the version number got changed which means it is a new update and is detected as so by the Operation Center. 

The issue I can see is that if you don't install this new version, you won't get the future updates coming through the OC until it is installed as far as I can understand how it work, which is probably not what you want as you may miss the future updates that would be delivered this way. 

But I'm sure someone from the team will confirm this :)

Thanks for the answer. I'm suprised PMDG hasn't answered. I guess us 3.4 are stuck with no choice, great :( . Already feeling it from FSDT and there new scenery management layout.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

7 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Thanks for the answer. I'm suprised PMDG hasn't answered. I guess us 3.4 are stuck with no choice, great :( . Already feeling it from FSDT and there new scenery management layout.

Have a look at the version numbers in operations centre, if op centre says you're current, then you don't need to update.

19 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Have a look at the version numbers in operations centre, if op centre says you're current, then you don't need to update.

There is one update in the ops center that says I need to download the full installer. I'll wait because it hasn't been said that anything special was added for P3Dv3.4. 

Dan

Dan,

Okay- let me walk you through a bit of self-help here.  First, please understand that we do not answer every single question in the forum, ESPECIALLY if you could have answered the question on your own through even just a modest amount of research.

So do this:

1) Run the Operations Center.

2) Select the 747-400 for P3D v3 module.

3) Click VERSIONS

4) Pull down the tab that shows you whether or not you are up-to-date. 

5) Click the CHANGE LOG icon.

6) Read the change list.

We give you every bit of information you could possibly want to help you stay informed.  You just gotta click and read...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the reply Robert. I checked it out. From reading the list I'll hold off a bit from reinstalling until I absolutely need too. 

Dan

Dan,

You understand that we are talking about uninstalling/reinstalling the 747, right?  Not prepar3D itself...

It should take you about 2 minutes to do.. 3 if you get coffee in the middle...  and the OC will preserve and reinstall all of your liveries.

We put quite a bit of work into making it simple.  :cool:

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Got it, read it too fast, lol. Thanks

Dan

Robert

Worked great. The installer kept all my add-on liveries and settings. Took 2 minutes like you said. I did get startled for a sec when the installer was saying something about demo during the install but all is were it should be to include my Ezdok views. Thanks again and sorry for the confusion. You guys did make it simple. 

Dan