Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How to stop annoying "black" texture popping in P3D v4?

There's a texture command that you can put in the cfg file to fix this, I forgot what it was. Does anyone know? It's really annoying when you pan around to look at something and then pan back to see your textures black and have to reload. What's the cause of this? The 3rd party airports/scenery? Because I would think that going 64bit would fix these issues. I think the 3rd party developers need to update their addon scenery?

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think you mean TEXTUREMAXLOAD=30 (the default is around 3 I think)

That sped up my texture loading enormously.

Edit to add: Put it in the [Display] part of the cfg file..

I don't think we will ever get rid of that until LM fix it.  Once you fly away from an area that scenery is unloaded.  This was made like this on purpose to save on VAS.  Now that VAS isn't an issue LM "should" be able to just leave the scenery loaded in.

My Prepar3D.cfg shows TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024... 

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 minute ago, WarpD said:

That's something different. That is just how big of a texture size the game can load. 

TextureMaxLoad is a different entry, under [DISPLAY], which can be set to 30 to alleviate "black texture" problems. There's also TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT, which you can set to something like 120. That should significantly decrease the problem.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

3 minutes ago, WarpD said:

TextureMaxLoad not TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD

I had black AI when I finally got my install done. What I did was install TextureMaxLoad=30 and my problems went away. Try what S_D said.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

texturemaxload=12 could fix it too. 30 is really high and might be a drag on your system.

You can try texture bandwidth multiplayer higher than 30 I changed mine to fsx steam's setting of 160 and that got rid of the slow texture loading and I did not need to add texturemaxload

• Upvote 1

Thanks, this seem to have fixed the problem for me! Awesome!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

49 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks, this seem to have fixed the problem for me! Awesome!

Did you use TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT or texturemaxload?

My Prepar3D.cfg shows TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 and is in the [GRAPHICS] section of prepar3d v4.1.  Are you saying I should change it to 30?  I don't think so!   lol

2 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

My Prepar3D.cfg shows TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 and is in the [GRAPHICS] section of prepar3d v4.1.  Are you saying I should change it to 30?  I don't think so!   lol

Really!!

I think you need to read the topic again before jumping to wrong conclusions.

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD and TextureMaxLoad are two different entries.

A crystal clear version below just for you.

[DISPLAY]

TextureMaxLoad=xx

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=xxxx

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

Why can't people read the entire topic before berating others and making himself look a fool.