Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Aircraft of the year with a different Slant ?

Guest Adverse Yawn

The Flying Club Seneca, simply because as well as being fucntionally a pretty good representation of the real thing, it just feels right. I'm also pretty partial to the ERJ 145 too. Sounds and framerate consistency go a long way to upping the immersion factor.

Hi Zane,I definitely agree with you regarding the Track IR4. I just received mine and now that I pretty much have it 'tuned' to my satisfaction, I love using the VC.One thing that annoys me in the VC, is the 'tinting' of the windows. Which singles or twins, are you aware of, that do not darken the windows?Now I find myself looking for the 'perfect' VC, with large, smooth readable gauges. Any suggestions?Thanks a lot,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I've just built a new system, new video card and much uprated processor/memory/motherboard. For the first time ever AFAIK, I am able to be in the VC and pan, etc., look at outsie scenery and get 29 fps (which I'm locked at in FS9), and now have real smooth graphics. And I can tell you that if you ever get to a point where your brain doesn't have to connect the jerky dots, it's really awesome. Simming has taken on a whole new level of immersion for me.That said- and I'm still in the process of re-installing and trying all these add-ons- I would say the LDS B763. There something really three-dimensional about that VC, at least as I 'see" it. Bruce.Edit: On this same subject Peter- and given your flight experience in a range of aircraft- I recall a comment you made regarding the PMDG B744 flight model, and how it best (at that time) resembled some smaller high performance aircraft that you have actually flown (in manual flight). Is that comment still valid? I think that most of us are talking in terms of 'immersion", but comparison to feel of the real thing is a whole different measurement which few of us a qualified to make, and may have a totally different result. Bruce (good thread).

Guest dpc

Great Topic!1. BAC 1-11 for freeware2. DF GAs - A36 and Barron3. DF 7274. Realair SF2605. Aeroworx B2006. and probably my favorite for that feel thing you talk about is the Carenda C206 Stationair. (awaiting the amphib!!!)All are chosen for VC use because I use TrackIR, which in my opinion, is the ultimate addition for the feel that you speak of.Dave

Guest Rockcliffe

Excellent question.I used to say the DF Archer, partly because it was the sort of plane that I could imagine myself one day owning (in my dreams!)My vote now is for the Carenado 182RG. Stunning VC, great sounds and so lifelike I can almost smell the fumes.BlairCYOW

Guest Peter Sidoli

>Edit: On this same subject Peter- and given your flight experience in a range of aircraft- I recall a comment you made regarding the PMDG B744 flight model, and how it best (at that time) resembled some smaller high performance aircraft that you have actually flown (in manual flight). Is that comment still valid? I think that most of us are talking in terms of 'immersion", but comparison to feel of the real thing is a whole different measurement which few of us a qualified to make, and may have a totally different result. Bruce (good thread).

>If you make me pick just one Peter it would probably have to>be the F1 PC12. I just wish more of the systems were modeled,>then it really could be used to prep a pilot for Simcom's>course. Not for $27.00 I won't be.I think you guys are getting a little too spoiled... :7 Simcom courses are what? a couple of grand and you want us to create something equivlant for $27.00 bucks?Zane, Zane, Zane... What am I gonna do with you? :-lol Best,Jim

>>Not for $27.00 I won't be.>>>Zane, Zane, Zane... What am I gonna do with you? :-lol >>Best,>JimHow about making a Pro version of the PC-12 and charging another C-note for it? ;) I know I'd buy it, I'll even offer to help.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest daniel.alm

Project Tupolev Tu-154B-2 for me.

Real Air SF260 Marchetti.Runners up: Flight1 PC12, Carenado C182, and Dreamfleet Baron.

Bert

Great topic.For me: When I'm on Vatsim, or flying offline with ASV in bad weather, I mostly fly the Aeroworx B200. A great balance of reasonably complex systems, realistic (?) flight dynamics, sounds, etc., but not so "clicky" that... how to say it? Flying an approach online in the B200 most resembles the level of complexity I can imagine actually ever managing in the real world (one day?). That, and my typical "executive" flight from CYYJ to CYPK (or CYPK to CYVR) is about "right" for a KingAir and lets me fit a true cold+dark to cold+dark flight into the time I can pry free from the RW. I really like the little bit of lag in the throttle too. I think the B200 does a great job of simulating (or causing me to simulate) the care one would take in operating a pair of those turbines.In a dead heat is the LDS767, esp. when derated to TO-2/CLB-2. Take-off is "just" busy enough, and it seems to "feel" most like what actually riding in one does (and what I imagine flying one does). How they achieve that is too subtle an art for me to describe. In fact, as alluded to above, the biggest disapointment for me with the LDS is I don't usually have 4hrs to do a "real" flight (and don't know that I'd spend the time if I had it) so I end up doing half a flight or using time comp. which breaks the immersion some.Thanks for such a great discussion!

I would have to say two (three) pop in my head immediately:Eaglesoft's Cirrus 20/22 and Carenado's 206 StationairPrior ro purchasing these aircraft, it would have been the Dreamfleet A36; But quite honestly, I feel the above aircraft leave me feeling a bit 'detached' when flying the A36 today in comparison.A big Honorable mention goes to Carenado's Piper 180.

Wow, it's tough to narrow it down to only a handful. The best answer I can think of is to list the planes I'm currently enthralled with. In the light GA category, I think Carenado wins, hands-down, for their 182RG and 206. As far as military goes, RealAir's Spit is about the best thing going, but I also really love the Wings of Power P51 for immersion factor. And I've only just started messing around with the Cloud9 MB339, but it's quite immersive as well. I hardly ever fly big jets, but David Maltby's BAC 1-11 is the exception to that rule. I have never felt more like I was actually on the flight deck than when I was behind the yoke of that sweet thing.Oh, and Milton's new Spartan Executive takes the prize for most elegant GA from a bygone era. It's got something in common with the RA Spit and the ** P51, too, and that's a really wonderful sound set. The more I fly, the more important sound becomes to me for really feeling like I'm there.thanks,

Well first I can say that no GA aircraft I have tried gives me that feeling.Here is my five in no particular order: ;-)1. Project Tupolev 1542. David Maltby

Staffan