Sign in to follow this  
TexasGary

Aircraft of the year with a different Slant ?

Guest A32X

The PMDG 747, solely from the virtual cockpit. It's like I'm sat in a Level-D simulator! Not only do the systems work as they should, it actually looks spot on too. Truly amazing and a patch on the horizon too....-Paul

Well, for me I'm glad that I don't have to pick "JUST ONE!" I don't think I could and that is why I, along with the rest of you, give a big thanks to the developers and inventors out there. Especially to the 'freeware' developers. I'm not knocking the payware here since I do have 3 AC that I purchased, MAAM B25 & DC3, ** Heavy Bombers and yesterday I purchased the Spitfire from RealAir. Also have (and now cannot do without) Trackir4. For me, choices are what make this fun (and time consuming). Have to balance out my life more in relation to FS9. Life has more important things to take care of. But it is FUN!!!, since real world flying is not something I can justify right now. Just my opinion.

> MAAM B25 & DC3, ** Heavy Bombers and yesterday I>purchased the Spitfire from RealAir. Also have (and now cannot>do without) Trackir4. >Excellent choices! :D I'm one of those, who grew up just a few years after WWII, and have always been fascinated with this era of prop aircraft. To me, half the fun of flight simulation, is how well these airplanes can be re-created for some good old nostalgia of a past era.L.Adamson

Guest Len

I have PMDG's 747, Dreamfleet's 727, LDS 767 - all great aircraft. HOWEVER, the winner of the year for me is that superlative BAC 1-11 by David Maltby. That VC is so good and beautiful it almost makes me cry. I retofitted it recently with some Reality XP gauges and that put it right over the top.

For me.1. Flight 1's ATR-72 5002. Eaglsoft's Crirrus SR20.3. Dreamfleet's Piper Archer.. (Yup.. the oldie is still nice)4. Real air's Decathlon

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well, I don't know what got into me, but I tallied the results, ignored the planes that only got 1 vote, and here's what we have so far:BAC 1-11 7LDS B763 7Track IR4 6RealAir Spit 5DF 727 5Flight1 PC12 4Carenado 182RG 4DF A36 4Realair SF260 3P Tupolev 154 3MAAM DC3 3Eaglesft Cirrus 3DF Baron 3Carenado C206 3Aeroworx B200 3PMDG 747 2Cloud9 MB339 2Aerosoft Katana 2Now, I imagine these results are quite skewed, but, they're something anyway. I counted all the votes, not just the winners, and I ignored your comments Peter, as you didn't seem to pick a winner or set of winners yourself.Thomashttp://www.flyingscool.comI like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I find it amazing that the Fanda Dash 8 (freeware or payware) hasn't made the cut. For me this aircraft provides the greatest being there experience all due to the sounds which are so close to the real aircraft which I have flown in many times as a passenger.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Peter Sidoli

>BAC 1-11 7LDS B763 7Track IR4 6RealAir Spit 5DF 727 5Flight1 PC12 4Carenado 182RG 4DF A36 4Realair SF260 3P Tupolev 154 3MAAM DC3 3Eaglesft Cirrus 3DF Baron 3Carenado C206 3Aeroworx B200 3PMDG 747 2Cloud9 MB339 2Aerosoft Katana 2Now, I imagine these results are quite skewed, but, they'resomething anyway. I counted all the votes, not just thewinners, and I ignored your comments Peter, as you didn'tseem to pick a winner or set of winners yourself.BAC 1-11 7LDS B763 7Track IR4 6RealAir Spit 5DF 727 5Flight1 PC12 4Carenado 182RG 4DF A36 4Aeroworx B200 4Realair SF260 3P Tupolev 154 3MAAM DC3 3Eaglesft Cirrus 3DF Baron 3Carenado C206 3PMDG 747 2Cloud9 MB339 2Aerosoft Katana 2

Guest Peter Sidoli

Len>I have PMDG's 747, Dreamfleet's 727, LDS 767 - all great aircraft. HOWEVER, the winner of the year for me is that superlative BAC 1-11 by David Maltby. That VC is so good and beautiful it almost makes me cry. I retofitted it recently with some Reality XP gauges and that put it right over the top

1. Flight 1 ATR-72 5002. Flight 1 ATR-72 5003. Flight 1 ATR-72 5004. Flight 1 ATR-72 5005. Flight 1 ATR-72 500

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Guest wyoming

I would go with that. It's complex enough to keep you in touch with the "reality" of flight, but its modern simplicity allows you to not lose sight of various aspects of the flight, including scenery and wonder. If the flight model is accurate, I must say that is one #### of an aircraft with an amazing range of possibilities, from IFR to low-altitude locals. I don't know what qualified pilots would have to say...

Reading all the post about Tracker4 is so convincing, I am a download junkie but have been holding off for another $200, but guess I have to bite another bullet!! Another bit of advice needed, have read many great reviews of Radar Contact, but I am not yet into the heavies or complicated planes like the B200,,, still use the twins and especially like the Just Flight Seneca, would RC be another payware to buy, then find out I cannot use?? Is the Tracr4 helpful for the average GA flyer?? Thanks B42L8

Guest jboweruk

I think the point made earlier works for me, no way to pick just one that does the job. That's why we let ppl like Avsim give the awards. It for me has to be what fits at the time. Nearly all mine fit the bill for immersiveness and I have to say I love all the major ones that have been mentioned from F1, DF and the others. TrackIR is the one thing that really made it all for me though, since I've had that I've not looked back, I also have pedals and 2 joysticks, one of which has a seperate throttle, all this just seems great when flying.So here's where I say, Bravo to all the developers who try to push the envelope that bit further, and give us wonderful aircraft and add-on sceneries/weather etc. Thanks guys it is appreciated even if we don't always sound like it.

Great topic Peter :-)For me there are several factors which draw me into the computer screen lol (Think of a pre-departure FMC takeoff / flight and final approach busy FS2Crew with the flows UT Europe with the 3d lightsGE textures and a great add-on airport with a lot of traffic and a great sky (ASV)Not only the aircraft but the total environment :-) GA: Beech D18S / Aero commanders / Carenado Cessna 210MLevel-d 767-300ER hands down in every aspect :-)That gives me that special feeling of being there and forget for a moment real life matters :-)At this point to things missing lol FS2Crew for level-d767 and level-d757.... (thats the stop for payware stuff)Then up for FSX10 lol (with a 757 and 767 and some GA stuff) Andr

André