Sign in to follow this  
aussibob1

xpwideclient - xpuipc works with XP10 but not XP11

I have XPwideclient - XPUIPC - Plan-G working perfectly together on my X-Plane 10 multi-PC multi-monitor setup.At very least this suggests that I understand the settings required of the programs, have set them up correctly,and that my network is configured and working correctly. However, try as I might I cannot get the programs to play together on my X-Plane 11 installation using the same hardware. All programs are run as admin and firewalls are down on all PCs. I have opened Port 54942 (which I remember seeing somewhere as being associated with XPwideclient) on my router - did not make any difference!!! .XPUIPC is configured properly in Resources/ plugins folder. When I try to launch XPwideclient v2.0.0.3 with XP11 running it just 'sits there' without any connection to the server. XPwidclient.txt shows:

Waiting for UDP from server

Status INIT

granting multicast to 192.138.1.9

Status NOT CONNECTED

Closing connection to server OK

I am at my wits end - have searched and searched over the last week for a solution but apart from the usual " configure the .ini properly". "take down firewalls" etc etc the solution has evaded me. Can anyone suggest what else I might try?

Bob Ward

Melbourne, Australia (A very chilly Melbourne)

Some people claim to have Plan G connect to X-Plane 11, but I have never been able to get my copy to work together, There was a quick partial fix rom the developer that would let 11 conn3ct but there wee a lot of things lost. still waiting for an update to Plan G, although I haven't checked for it recently so there might be an update.

More than likely it is a networking setup issue.Permissions, security, sharing permissions, group etc. I've been using it with no problems XP11 since the Beta release. Plan G and a few others on a client.

XPUIPC is working with Plan-G and XP11 here too, so it has to be network settings/permissions.

I was using it in XP10. I think all I did when I installed XP11 was copy over the XPUIPC plugin folder to /resources/plugins in XP11, without changing anything else.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thank you for your replies. Update:

1.   I made sure that "sharing" was correct for all relevant drives/folders/programs on all PCs

2.  I gave all administrators and user groups (including a new group "Everyone") "Full Control" permissions over all relevant drives/folders/programs on all PCs

3.  I checked Windows Network Credentials for all PCs on the network and everything appears to be correct. 

4.  Rechecked that firewalls were down and rebooted all PCs

At the end of this

1.  XPwideclient still connects correctly with X-Plane 10 via XPUIPC plugin and Plan-G works.

2.  XPwideclient will NOT establish connection with X-Plane 11 even though the settings in XPwideclient and XPUIPC are correct. and the XPUIPC plugin is active in XP11. 

As an experiment I opened XPwideclient.exe without having either X-Plane 10 or 11 active - and it behaved exactly as described in the original post i.e. "just sat there". It's like it cannot "see" X-Plane 11 even when it is running

As much as I hate to admit it -- I think it has beaten me

Bob Ward

15 hours ago, aussibob1 said:

Thank you for your replies. Update:

1.   I made sure that "sharing" was correct for all relevant drives/folders/programs on all PCs

2.  I gave all administrators and user groups (including a new group "Everyone") "Full Control" permissions over all relevant drives/folders/programs on all PCs

3.  I checked Windows Network Credentials for all PCs on the network and everything appears to be correct. 

4.  Rechecked that firewalls were down and rebooted all PCs

At the end of this

1.  XPwideclient still connects correctly with X-Plane 10 via XPUIPC plugin and Plan-G works.

2.  XPwideclient will NOT establish connection with X-Plane 11 even though the settings in XPwideclient and XPUIPC are correct. and the XPUIPC plugin is active in XP11. 

As an experiment I opened XPwideclient.exe without having either X-Plane 10 or 11 active - and it behaved exactly as described in the original post i.e. "just sat there". It's like it cannot "see" X-Plane 11 even when it is running

As much as I hate to admit it -- I think it has beaten me

Bob Ward

If you are running with Windows 10 Creator..it is that.  I went back to the previous version, and it works.  It is the very strict secuirty routines, that is messing with you. Good luck in figuring out how to get programs past it, and allowed to communicate with the Net.  I never could...so rolled back.  Yep, I don't need a crystal ball, to know you are running with the W10 Creator version.  It's the Firewall....

G'day Sesquashtoo

Thanks for reply. Just checked winver and it shows Ver 1607 so the PC is not yet running Win10 Creators Edition (ver 1703). The hunt continues ................

Will bear in mind the need to roll-back if and when Creators Edition causes probs..... Thanks

BobW

Thanks to all who replied.

Success:   XPwideclient now talks to XPUIPC after a fresh install of XP11 in default location.

BobW