kevinfirth

Earth Simulations AutoGenesis 6-1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>ES-Vol-6-1</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Scotland 6.1 by Earth Simulations</AddOn.Description>
     <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Autogen</Category>
        <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\P3Dv2.2\Autogen</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\P3Dv2.2\Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Texture</Category>
        <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\P3Dv2.2\Texture</Path>
  <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Sound</Category>
        <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\P3Dv2.2\Sound</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\P3Dv2.2\Simobjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\P3Dv2.2\Simobjects\Boats</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
  <Category>Scenery</Category>
  <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\Earth Simulations\ES-Vol-6-1\ES-6-1-Terrain</Path>
  <Name>ES-6-1-Terrain</Name>
  <Layer>700</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
  <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\Earth Simulations\ES-Vol-6-1\ES-6-1-Vectors</Path>
  <Name>ES-6-1-Vectors</Name>
  <Layer>701</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
  <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\Earth Simulations\ES-Vol-6-1\ES-6-1-TFX</Path>
  <Name>ES-6-1-TFX</Name>
  <Layer>702</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
  <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\Earth Simulations\ES-Vol-6-1\ES-6-1-Photo</Path>
  <Name>ES-6-1-Photo</Name>
  <Layer>703</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
  <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\Earth Simulations\ES-Vol-6-1\ES-6-1-3D</Path>
  <Name>ES-6-1-3D</Name>
  <Layer>704</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
  <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\Earth Simulations\ES-Vol-6-1\ES-6-1-Airports</Path>
  <Name>ES-6-1-Airports</Name>
  <Layer>705</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
  <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\Earth Simulations\ES-3D</Path>
  <Name>ES-3D</Name>
  <Layer>706</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
  <Path>G:\Autogenesis\P3D\P3D-30cm-Pro-Edition-Install\Earth Simulations\ES-SFX</Path>
  <Name>ES-SFX</Name>
  <Layer>707</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Here's the xml for adding on vol6-1 in P3D4.  Just change the paths to your install locations.....

Rather presciently, ES distributed their backups neatly in the required folders, so all you have to do is unzip your ESI-packs (if you made them) and structure the add-on.xml accordingly.  Easy-peasy!

Cheers K

EDIT: ensure scenery components have a layer number (doesn't have to be consecutive) and a name.  I kept getting content error messages saying the 'TITLE' attribute was required...what it meant was it needed the <Name>...</Name> entry!  Nice to know LM is continuing the MS tradition of an opaque SDK :p

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Good work Kevin, also make sure that the name is unique as a duplicate name will overwrite the previous entry!!..

Jorge

Are the other ES scenery packages working in P3D v4, Kevin?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I, too, have all the ES Sceneries, some as ESI packs and others not - ie disk images, so I will also be interested in following this thread.  At 73, I am finding the SDK somewhat less clear than "opaque". Regards.

Maurice.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Hello Kevin

I notice there is a link to the ES autogen folder that would normally be in P3d root.

How does this fair with the autogen description files?

Does the autogen merge with other autogen descriptions and work as one?

I have been using Arno’s autogen configuration merger from FSdeveloper with V3 and have tried his V4 version which is in beta although it does not convert the Legacy files at the moment, which seems to be causing problems for me.

Also is the only way to add the scenery manually? As that would involve a lot of typing to create an XML file.

Thanks

For treescapes, I just copy the texture folder to the appropriate photoscenery folder, works fine. I've only got experience with treescapes, though.

No sign of a return from Darren and Vicki? It was a rather sudden departure.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I would love to hear from Darren and Vicki. I miss them :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Are the other ES scenery packages working in P3D v4, Kevin?

unclear at present I have not tested.   am proceeding v slowly

watch this space....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, dabba said:

Does the autogen merge with other autogen descriptions and work as one?

That premise is the reason for this test.  I discussed it with Arno this morning regarding whether ACM is necessary under v4.  Right now I can say the xml returns no content errors.  Need to load the scenery for a flight as a full test but didnt have time before work this morning.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, dabba said:

Also is the only way to add the scenery manually? As that would involve a lot of typing to create an XML file.

Cut and paste works wonders. This xml file took less time to put together than addind all the entries to scenery.cfg and copying files to folders...  

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

For treescapes, I just copy the texture folder to the appropriate photoscenery folder, works fine. I've only got experience with treescapes, though.

No sign of a return from Darren and Vicki? It was a rather sudden departure.

Treescapes are different thats just agn files which dont need to be referenced in an add-on.cfg

No chance of a Darren and Vikki reprise sorry.... 

xaP1VAU.png

They quit at the wrong time. They had some good tech there, that was thwarted by bad marketing and a horrible distribution platform. But the idea for what they were doing was great, and we've now got the sim and graphics cards to do justice to high-density 'autogen'. TReescapes used to be impossible to run with sliders to the right, now its a piece of cake.

Kevin, you seem linked in with this. Why no chance of a Darren/Vicki reprise? They could even just pop in to a thread like this and see how much their work was appreciated, I got the impression they felt undervalued near the end. If they want to come and join us here, I will make the tea and we can sit arouind and chat about photoscenery. :happy:

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hello Kevin!

I suppose we can do the same with Earth Simulations, Isle of Man?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

HI Kevin

I have had a quick play with both the XML method & Arno’s Autogen Merger.

Tested on ES , Orbx Airfields, Sim720 Airfields

The Autogen merger appears to work although does not as yet merge the Legacy file which may or may not be the problem I have at the moment which is the Dynamic 3d autogen vegetation needs to be ticked, and at the moment I am getting CTD at different places within ES areas when the trees are active. No issue as yet with the buildings, only the trees (if I untick Dynamic 3d autogen vegetation only the buildings show) and no issue.  Orbx & Sim720 appear OK.

I have also tried the XLM method with the same issues above plus random areas within Orbx airfields have no autogen.

AS an odd ball chance I have tried to change the ES AutogenDescriptions to AutogenDescriptions_Legacy  with still the same issues above.

I assume something about the trees does not like the new Dynamic 3d autogen vegetation, or requires a conversion.

Regards

56 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Kevin, you seem linked in with this. Why no chance of a Darren/Vicki reprise? They could even just pop in to a thread like this and see how much their work was appreciated, I got the impression they felt undervalued near the end. If they want to come and join us here, I will make the tea and we can sit arouind and chat about photoscenery. :happy:

Please just accept it's not going to happen.  I am aware of more than I'm willing to post publicly.  I was a huge fan of their work and I feel their loss tremendously, but I am not going to plaster anyone's personal business all over the internet, sorry.

xaP1VAU.png