Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Earth Simulations AutoGenesis 6-1

That's OK, Kevin, I don't think I or anyone else is asking for private information to be posted. If you know/see Vikki or Darren, let them know from us that their work has not been forgotten!  

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

Hello Kevin!

I suppose we can do the same with Earth Simulations, Isle of Man?

It should be possible yes

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

4 hours ago, dabba said:

Hello Kevin

I notice there is a link to the ES autogen folder that would normally be in P3d root.

How does this fair with the autogen description files?

Does the autogen merge with other autogen descriptions and work as one?

P3D4 appears to merge the autogen files when they are specified through add-on.xml as category:autogen, yes

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, dabba said:

HI Kevin

I have had a quick play with both the XML method & Arno’s Autogen Merger.

Tested on ES , Orbx Airfields, Sim720 Airfields

The Autogen merger appears to work although does not as yet merge the Legacy file which may or may not be the problem I have at the moment which is the Dynamic 3d autogen vegetation needs to be ticked, and at the moment I am getting CTD at different places within ES areas when the trees are active. No issue as yet with the buildings, only the trees (if I untick Dynamic 3d autogen vegetation only the buildings show) and no issue.  Orbx & Sim720 appear OK.

I have also tried the XLM method with the same issues above plus random areas within Orbx airfields have no autogen.

AS an odd ball chance I have tried to change the ES AutogenDescriptions to AutogenDescriptions_Legacy  with still the same issues above.

I assume something about the trees does not like the new Dynamic 3d autogen vegetation, or requires a conversion.

Regards

Dabba, I don't think ACM is needed now in P3D4 if you specify an additional autogen category through add-on.xml.   Makes it much easier. K

xaP1VAU.png

HI Kevin

I agree the add-on.xml works to a fashion but by quick tests it does not seem work as flawlessly as ACM.

Although I have some issues with ACM & V4 they are a lot less than with the add-on.xml, although it is early days.

the biggest issue is the CTD in ES areas when low over trees, or at Guernsey an instant CTD from the runway with trees ticked.

I assume there is a conflict with the Autogen descriptions (or Legacy) somewhere along the way.

Cheers

Dave

14 minutes ago, dabba said:

HI Kevin

I agree the add-on.xml works to a fashion but by quick tests it does not seem work as flawlessly as ACM.

Although I have some issues with ACM & V4 they are a lot less than with the add-on.xml, although it is early days.

the biggest issue is the CTD in ES areas when low over trees, or at Guernsey an instant CTD from the runway with trees ticked.

I assume there is a conflict with the Autogen descriptions (or Legacy) somewhere along the way.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Im not using dynamic trees at all, theyre too resource intensive for me.  There are many possible causes of CTD, I think I've had some due to sheer power draw on my system and a borderline good enough PSU...  If youre flying in intensive areas (low over lots of speedtrees) you are going to be taxing your system fairly well.  May be worth checking temps, power draw and usage around CTDs to rule out other causes before assuming its autogen related...

xaP1VAU.png

20 minutes ago, dabba said:

it does not seem work as flawlessly as ACM.

I'd disagree on this - youre use case involving new and legacy autogen files isnt yet covered by ACM, loading legacy autogen defs using add-on.xls has not yet produced a problem for me.

xaP1VAU.png

It's nice to see that others are beta testing all of this, in preparation for when I decide (at some point in the future) to upgrade to P3D v4 :biggrin:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Dave Im not using dynamic trees at all, theyre too resource intensive for me.  

Hi Kevin

Can I ask how you are not using the dynamic trees ?  I do not choose to use dynamic trees but if I uncheck the box, I get no Tree Autogen within the ES areas ( I still get buildings)

If I  tick the box I get trees ( I assume dynamic trees) but also CTD at the same locations each time ( a specific location is Guernsey on the runway or if I fly from elsewhere on final  at Guernsey ( there are others within the ES areas but that is the most specific)

I get this with both methods Addon-on.xlm  and ACM.

I assume the P3d V4  AutogenDescriptions.spb will include dynamic trees and so the ES AutogenDescriptions.spb needs to be merged with  AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb

Cheers

6 hours ago, dabba said:

Hi Kevin

Can I ask how you are not using the dynamic trees ?  I do not choose to use dynamic trees but if I uncheck the box, I get no Tree Autogen within the ES areas ( I still get buildings)

If I  tick the box I get trees ( I assume dynamic trees) but also CTD at the same locations each time ( a specific location is Guernsey on the runway or if I fly from elsewhere on final  at Guernsey ( there are others within the ES areas but that is the most specific)

I get this with both methods Addon-on.xlm  and ACM.

I assume the P3d V4  AutogenDescriptions.spb will include dynamic trees and so the ES AutogenDescriptions.spb needs to be merged with  AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb

Cheers

I unticked the dynamic vegetation checkbox on day 1 and restarted the sim.  That was before doing any playing about at all.  Your merge assumption is right I think.  But all my autogen merge is being done through add-on.xml, which I'm guessing is merging it into the correct file through the sim itself hence why I'm seeing it working as it should?

xaP1VAU.png

HI Kevin

I have gone back to basics ( full reinstall of V4)  unticked the dynamic vegetation box and restarted the sim.

I have a xml file laid out similar as you described using Notpad++ with layers for scenery ect

even though the scenery is listed in the library ( although greyed out)  the scenery does not show.

I seem to be missing something and probably something simple

I read on LM forum you had a similar problem  "The problem seemed to stem from the file encoding"

can you elaborate on this and the format for the compiling

Thanks

Dave

17 minutes ago, dabba said:

HI Kevin

I have gone back to basics ( full reinstall of V4)  unticked the dynamic vegetation box and restarted the sim.

I have a xml file laid out similar as you described using Notpad++ with layers for scenery ect

even though the scenery is listed in the library ( although greyed out)  the scenery does not show.

I seem to be missing something and probably something simple

I read on LM forum you had a similar problem  "The problem seemed to stem from the file encoding"

can you elaborate on this and the format for the compiling

Thanks

Dave

LM have made changes to some file encoding formats.

Make sure Notepad++ is saving your xml file as UT8.

Whats in your scenery folders that youre trying to add?

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Kevin

This is my Xml file for Guernsey, I chose this area because it was the one isolated area that was giving me a CTD.

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Guernsey</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Earth Simulations.</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Autogen</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Autogen</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scenery</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Scenery\Global</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Scenery\World</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\SimObjects\Boats</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Sound</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Sound</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Texture</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Texture</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Terrain</Path>
  <Name>ES-CI-Terrain</Name>
  <Layer>701</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Autumn</Path>
  <Name>ES-CI-Autumn</Name>
  <Layer>702</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\Channel Isles\ES-CI-HardWinter</Path>
  <Name>ES-CI-HardWinter</Name>
  <Layer>703</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Spring</Path>
  <Name>ES-CI-Spring</Name>
  <Layer>704</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Summer</Path>
  <Name>ES-CI-Summer</Name>
  <Layer>705</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Winter</Path>
  <Name>ES-CI-Winter</Name>
  <Layer>706</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\Channel Isles\ES-CI-Airports\ES-EGJB-Guernsey</Path>
  <Name>ES-CI-Airports</Name>
  <Layer>707</Layer>
 </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>3D Scenery</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\ES-3D</Path>
  <Name>ES-3D</Name>
  <Layer>708</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
 <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Specialeffects</Category>
        <Path>I:\Prepar3d addons\Addon Scenery\Earth Simulations\Guernsey\ES-SFX</Path>
  <Name>ES-SFX</Name>
  <Layer>709</Layer>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document> 

Thanks

2 hours ago, dabba said:

I take it that xml doesn't work for you entirely?

Turn on content error logging in P3D.

Go to add-ons.cfg and delete your package entry there  (Don't worry about the file format for cfg files that's not changed)

Restart P3D - it should ask you to add the scenery addon again

Close P3D - it will give you a dialog box saying there were content errors found

ContentErrors.txt is in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

Post that here for me.. :)

Cheers K

xaP1VAU.png

Hi, does anyone know how I can buy Earth Simulations AutoGenesis 6-1 Scotland? I bought Alderney and Isle of Scicily, but when I want to buy Scotland, they have gone out of business. I wrote to Darren but got no reply. I really want this, and I think their products are among the most beautiful sceneries ever for FSX.