Sign in to follow this  
FedorKlootwijk

ATC chatter in "airportmode"

Hello,

I'm using the trial version now for 5 days and it is a great piece of software. For me, as a former user of ProAtcX, it's a giant step forward. I have P2A installed on a client PC with WideFS and P3D on the server. The PTT button in the cockpit is "talking" to P2A as described elsewhere in this forum.

2 questions:

I have set up the ATC chatter according to the user guide for airport folders. So in the Atc chatter folder I have a controllers folder, a EG folder and a EH folder. The EG folder contains app, twr etc. folders populated with the appropriate wav files. The EH folder contains app, two etc. folders AND a EHRD folder with two, gnd etc folders, all filled with wav files. In the sound tab I choose "airports". When I fly from EHRD to EGKK (or any other UK airport), I get the right chatter at EHRD until the handover to Center. Than it becomes quiet until reaching the UK. Than the chatter starts again. When I set the sound tab to "country" everything is OK. Is there a possibility to get airport specific chatter without losing chatter when out of reach of that specific airport?

The second questions is probably more a Windows 10 question. When ATC/Windows speech recognition recognizes a phrase, it produces a beep. Is there a way to mute that beep. In the sound settings of Windows 10 I couldn't find an option to switch it off

Thanks in advance

Hi and thanks for the report.

Sounds like you may have hit a bug with the Airport Chatter folder issue.  I'll look into it.

You can change or turn off  the Speech Recognized Tone in the Btns tab of Config right under the PTT HotKey setup area.

Just uncheck the Play Tone box to disable.

Dave

On the Chatter folder setup, do you have the .wav files for the Center in the Country folders?

....\ATCChatter\EG\Ctr\

If not, that would explain the problem. 

If you do, could you please email me (admin @ pilot2atc.com) a screenshot of your Windows  Explorer view of the Chatter folders at each level down to your 2 airports?

So:

....\ATCChatter

....\ATCChatter\EG

....\ATCChatter\EG\EGKK

....\ATCChatter\EH

....\ATCChatter\EH\EHRD

Thanks,

Dave