Sign in to follow this  
ckelly14

Install Steam version on different hard drive

Ortho is slowly (actually quickly) eating up my hard drive.  I may consider purchasing a dedicated hard drive just for XP11.  Is there a way to force steam to install on other than the C: drive?  I already have some custom scenery.  Is there anything I need to do beside saving the custom scenery folder prior to uninstalling and reinstalling?

Why don't you put your Ortho on another drive and just copy the Ortho folder shortcuts into the customer scenery folder of X-Plane. That works fine, you can put your scenery anywhere you want this way.

1 hour ago, ckelly14 said:

Is there a way to force steam to install on other than the C: drive?

It's pretty easy to do,

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2017 at 6:19 AM, ckelly14 said:

Ortho is slowly (actually quickly) eating up my hard drive.  I may consider purchasing a dedicated hard drive just for XP11.  Is there a way to force steam to install on other than the C: drive?  I already have some custom scenery.  Is there anything I need to do beside saving the custom scenery folder prior to uninstalling and reinstalling?

Steam will actually allow you to create libraries, and each library becomes an install location. If you don't want to uninstall there use to be a tool called steam library tool manager. This allows you to move a game install from default location to another library and makes all the necessary links,