Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Having trouble with v4

I installed v4 the other day on windows 10 64 but.  After installed started up the sim everything is fine.  Then installed fsuipc5 and started sim up and CTD.  Did a repair on the installation to p3d and was back working. Then tried to install Orbx global and same thing happened.  Event viewer saying it's g2d.dll.  I have tried reinstalling graphics driver and even rolled back to a previous version with no luck.  Tried deleting cfg no luck there.  So I wiped everything out new install of OS and re downloaded p3d thought it might fix it but same problem this time no addons installed can't even load a flight. Same error too.  Any help appreciated.

Kevin Humphryes

Try disabling your controls in device manager, such as Saitek controllers, Razer peripherals. If P3D now loads, you have to enter in prepar3d.cfg in AppData\Roaming.

[CONTROLS]

EnableDirectInput=True

It won't be there on a fresh install, so you must add it. Shot in the dark, could be something else entirely. Good luck!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

You might need to disable the add-ons in your dll.xml (appdata/roaming/lm) until you figure out why the wheels fell off your sim. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

The only addon in the dll is Chase Plane and I disabled it with no luck.  

Kevin Humphryes