Sign in to follow this  
Guest dpc

smooth vc camera ?

Guest tomyeah

hello,ive been using realair's spitfire now for a while and was enjoying their realview system that simulates the head movement smoothly.today i was look at vista australis videos and saw these smooth camera movements in their video.now my question: is there any addon that lets me smoothly turn the head in the VC-view (with my default coolie hat input) ? the default camera movement is so cragged when you turn your head around with the coolie hat of the joystick.thanks, regards, tom.

HelloTrackIR is the way to go, no going back once you have used one of these.

Guest tomyeah

some simple spline based camera movement smoothing would be enough. maybe with adjustable move steps in degree of the field of view. spending 130 usd for such a little feature sounds a bit exaggerated but thank you for the information.

Guest tomyeah

just found this little tool active camera 2004, maybe thats the one i was looking for.

Guest dpc

You're welcome. Best money I've spent for flight sim bar none. Its not just about smooth viewing. You'll turn from base to final only one time and you will understand what all the fuss is about. While looking out your side window you begin your turn, as you turn, you keep your eye on the runway and your aircraft slowly rotates around your view. You take a quick look down at your instruments and then back up at the runway. You duck down a bit so you can see under the top of the door. As you continue your turn you know move forward and look around the window brace and over the cowl, all the time keep your eye on the runway as your aircraft slowly centers into your view, perfectly lined up with the runway. You haven't touched one thing to control your view. Taxiing in a taildragger is now a realistic activity. If you like choppers, well this is the bomb.Sorry, got a bit carried away.Dave

Guest tomyeah

you got shares at trackir ? ;)ive downloaded some videos and i must say it looks amazing. the only downside seems to be wearing a cap all the time.

Guest dpc

No, just a really happy customer :-lol. My teenage kids do get a chuckle out of the old man wearing the hat thing.