Sign in to follow this  
cowboy10uk

AI Traffic and good ATC recommendations needed for P3Dv4

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:33 AM, Flic1 said:

For AI traffic I would recommend Ultimate Traffic Live.  It is still an early access release but I have it working fine in P3Dv4. . . .   All aircraft in UTLive are upgraded to FSX/P3D standards so everything I have seen looks pretty good except for a few outdated liveries that may be fixed with the final version.  You can also replace their aircraft with whatever you wish via their control panel.

+1

• Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Is there at least ONE ATC addon which controls traffic, beside VoxATC? I find pretty sad using an atc program that makes me land on a occupied runway or give my C172 clearance while there's a T7 on final... 

35 minutes ago, Kaiser84 said:

Is there at least ONE ATC addon which controls traffic, beside VoxATC? I find pretty sad using an atc program that makes me land on a occupied runway or give my C172 clearance while there's a T7 on final... 

Unfortunately, no there isn't. And if there's never a 64 bit version of VOXATC, then there won't be any at all.  If you've used the VOXATC 7.3 beta, you realize how complicated the AI and ATC are, when they are controlled simultaneously.  The lack of a VOXATC-like product is the main reason that I don't switch to XP11 altogether, but I suspect that is never going to happen unless LR includes it in the sim itself. And it's likely that LM isn't going to improve default P3d V4 AI/ATC package in the short run either. I guess I'll use the standard rejoinder. Why not use VATSIM?

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Why not use VATSIM?

Because it's either a bunch of kids or extremely serious grey-haired gentlemen who probably fly wearing uniform in front of their PCs.. Too tough for me :-)

• Upvote 1

The difference of opinion on ATC addons in this thread alone is showing a cry for help from LM on this since everyone else is releasing mediocre solutions. I hope they're listening. Now that 64-bit is accomplished, get people their sloped runways and new ATC engine. 

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I can't figure from all these posts on which exactly is the best solution for P3dv4 for now.

1) Which one is supported well by the developer? If I am paying, I better get good support period.

2) Which is fully voice activated as it gets?

3) Which one controls the AI - I assume this frees fps & resources as P3Dv4 is not controlling AI anymore.

PS -

Well - I dunno about VoxATC, their Registration page has been offline for few days.  I did check there page few week ago and gave up

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

5 hours ago, Skywolf said:

I can't figure from all these posts on which exactly is the best solution for P3dv4 for now.

1) Which one is supported well by the developer? If I am paying, I better get good support period.

2) Which is fully voice activated as it gets?

3) Which one controls the AI - I assume this frees fps & resources as P3Dv4 is not controlling AI anymore.

PS -

Well - I dunno about VoxATC, their Registration page has been offline for few days.  I did check there page few week ago and gave up

Thanks

I  included VOXATC for comparison even though the Version 7.3 beta only works with P3d V3.

1a) AI...My T 6 - no support at present. UTL - pretty good support at present, but some people hold a grudge against the developer for abandoning their previous version, UT2 for a significant amount of time. Alpha India Group AI - community support, because it's DIY freeware like the old and moribund WOAI. Count on spending a few weeks setting AIG AI up, but from then on, maintenance should be relatively painless.

1b)ATC...P2ATC - excellent support by the developer right here at AVSim, PF3, ProATC/X - very good support also. RC4 - modest support, but not from the developer, VOXATC, only community support ATM here at AVSim in the unofficial forum.

2) VOXATC and P2ATC use the built-in Windows speech recognition seamlessly. PF3 can be integrated with Multi Crew Experience (MCE).

3) None control (or correctly communicate with) the AI except for VOXATC.

The two live ATC options PSXseecon  and Lorby's are good alternatives, since if you fly within a country with publicly available LiveATC streams, you can listen to the real ATC while flying using an add-on like LAAP. The live ATC streams are no longer available to the public in many European countries. Another drawback is that many aircraft only have their ADS-B transmitters turned in while airborne. This makes AI ground operations at some airports appear sparse.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I  included VOXATC for comparison even though the Version 7.3 beta only works with P3d V3.

1a) AI...My T 6 - no support at present. UTL - pretty good support at present, but some people hold a grudge against the developer for abandoning their previous version, UT2 for a significant amount of time. Alpha India Group AI - community support, because it's DIY freeware like the old and moribund WOAI. Count on spending a few weeks setting AIG AI up, but from then on, maintenance should be relatively painless.

1b)ATC...P2ATC - excellent support by the developer right here at AVSim, PF3, ProATC/X - very good support also. RC4 - modest support, but not from the developer, VOXATC, only community support ATM here at AVSim in the unofficial forum.

2) VOXATC and P2ATC use the built-in Windows speech recognition seamlessly. PF3 can be integrated with Multi Crew Experience (MCE).

3) None control (or correctly communicate with) the AI except for VOXATC.

The two live ATC options PSXseecon  and Lorby's are good alternatives, since if you fly within a country with publicly available LiveATC streams, you can listen to the real ATC while flying using an add-on like LAAP. The live ATC streams are no longer available to the public in many European countries. Another drawback is that many aircraft only have their ADS-B transmitters turned in while airborne. This makes AI ground operations at some airports appear sparse.

This has to be one of the best posts on AI and ATC programs currently for P3Dv4/3 at the moment.  Thank You!!!!!!!

I will go with P2ATC trial for now (as it has built in speech) and I own MT6a.  I am curious about UTL (waiting for the final, to see if it is all traffic injection like PSXseecon).

Either way there are options and I am hoping that someone can take the major lead for these apps and raise the bar.

Very grateful for your excellent post

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Despite its name, Ultimate Traffic Live, does not use ADS-B transmitter locations for its AI. It is "live" only in the sense that the developer has promised updates to traffic schedules.

My T 6 works for P3D v4, however the models are outdated and the install a bit cranky, but I can live with that to have some traffic with real airlines, at least it's not heavy on FPS. VATSIM or IVAO use too many external programs and features, I already launch 5/6 of them and I don't like how they don't use VC functions for transponder or radios, moreover I like to do some long legs even in GAs, but I can't stay always in front of the screen or talk to myself 'cause there's no controller in the area. It would be nice to have some old school multiplayer like FSX. VoxATC was just perfect even with its flaws.

I am using UT Live and PF3 here and I am pretty happy. 

I place my vote with PF3 and UT Live AI traffic. The AI models are the best and 90% of the logos work at night when parked. For offline ATC, PF3 is the winner in my book. I have tried them all but PF3 is a little more realistic imho. It has come along way over the years and is now easy to setup and great for IFR flyers.

IM

17 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

or extremely serious grey-haired gentlemen who probably fly wearing uniform in front of their PCs

:laugh:  very good 

Another program that fits between the AI and ATC, is Super Traffic Board. When you go to an airport you always check out the arrival/departure boards for your flight etc. This nifty program provides that board and shows all the AI in any of the FSX/P3D world. I often use it to go plane spotting as I know what runway the AI a/c will be leaving from, or arriving at. You can even prompt the AI to move from its parking gate to taxi and take off. Anyway, interesting program for seeing where all the AI are in the area. Support is superb, as developer replies to each question same or next day. 

http://www.supertrafficboard.com/index.html

Geoff Bryce