Let me apologize since I know this is asked a lot in one form or another.  However I'm lost as to what video card to purchase for use with P3Dv4.

I'll be replacing a EVGA 780TI superclocked on my system running a i7 4770k oc'd to 4.4., 16 RAM DDR3 at 2400.  

What I read is all very contradictory.  Will I gain much by going to a newer card and if so, how?  Will I see much difference between the 1060ti, 1070ti, or 1080ti?  Is there a sweetspot in the cards.  Bottom line, I would REALLY appreciate advice and ask "what would you do?"  Thanks guys!!!

You want as much VRAM as possible - so the 1080ti at the moment. I just upgraded from a 4gb 960 to the 1080ti and the difference is amazing - however, most of my simming has been in XP11. 

Edit: I bought the 1080ti last week specifically for V4, but now I'm waiting for addons to be released.

Amazing in what way?  FPS, sharpness?  It's a lot of $ and I'd like to be sure.  Thanks again 

I have EVGA GTX 1070. Runs a lot of games at 144hz at 1440p on Ultra. This card is crazy fast.
https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-graphics-cards
If you absolutely must have the best, you will have to decide if the 1080 is really worth the extra expense and perhaps go for that. Just remember though that you may pay 30% or more in additional cost for 10-15% of additional performance. Either way, happy gaming is in store for you!

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:27 AM, Ale1146 said:

I have EVGA GTX 1070. Runs a lot of games at 144hz at 1440p on Ultra. This card is crazy fast.

If you're going to run a single 4k monitor, I totally agree with Ale1146 that the 1070 is the best per dollar solution.  The 780ti's not going to get the job done.

I used a 1070 for a single 4k and it was great--no issues at all. If you're running three 1080 monitors, the 1070 also works well.  You can't go wrong with the 1070

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.