Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

AI Ship package tip for V4

The Henrik Nielsen ship package for P3D and FSX has a few FS9 models in it. If you remove the following models it should work in P3D V4 without potential crashes due to the presence of the older incompatible models:

AI_AC_Sailboat
AI_John_T_Essberger
AI_La_Recouvrance
AI_Calypso

I recommend using the P3D method of installing in external folders as detailed in their Learning Center and SDK manuals.

• Upvote 3

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Thanks!  In P3Dv3 I used to get random unexplainable CTD's over the Atlantic, I wonder if that was from flying over one of these ships.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Would it also be possible to:

- Replace the contents of the folder of those four ships with another ship that looks similar and is compatible without changing the name of the folder.

- Replace the "title=xxx" line of the copy pasted ships aircraft.cfg with the one not compatible.

If I am not completely wrong, this would mean that those four ships are replaced by four other models. Advantage: you do not lose those ship tracks that were served by those four models. Disadvantage: work.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I have now removed the four ships in question, but this isn't a package I have used before.

I was just going to copy all folders directly into P3D v4. Does that work OK, and if so is this the only program - \Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V1 - that I need, or is there a second program as well?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Try downloading the original packages for P3D and you will see all the needed files there. Install the whole thing and then remove the FS9 ships. You can install it in your main P3D V4 directory, but it would be safer to have it all installed in outside folders. Hopefully you know how to do that. The P3D manuals help and there are numerous posts here on AVSIM on how to do that. It's the same process in P3D V3 as in P3D V4.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Also there is a readme and docs in the package - use them so you get things in the right place..

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Whats about the 200 aditional ships update? Is there another FS9 model included I should delete? Thanks for the help

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Anyone? Or at least a little hint how I can discover myself if a specific model is FS9 or FSX native? Thanks.

Greetings, Chris

There are no FS9 models in the 200 additional ships update.

• Upvote 1

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

or you can use MCX and convert them to a P3D model

• Upvote 2

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I tried with MDX. But each time I click on "export as FSX.mdl", nothing happens. General issue I have with MDX, it seems...

Greetings, Chris

MDX or MCX?

if its MCX whay dont you save as a P3D mdl?

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Can you do the same with FS9 AI planes  Matt ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

14 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Can you do the same with FS9 AI planes  Matt ?

Yes you can, however some planes  with moveable control surfaces like flaps and rudders may compile incorrectly giving it extra wings or fins, Several of the Orbx AI model display this problem, however you can delete those parts from the model to avoid that problem or for me, I used another model and repalced the faulty AC and paints with others to retain my Orbx AI

however its all trial and error with fs2004 or fs2002 MDLs in MCX

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

18 minutes ago, jeansy said:

Yes you can, however some planes  with moveable control surfaces like flaps and rudders may compile incorrectly giving it extra wings or fins, Several of the Orbx AI model display this problem, however you can delete those parts from the model to avoid that problem or for me, I used another model and repalced the faulty AC and paints with others to retain my Orbx AI

however its all trial and error with fs2004 or fs2002 MDLs in MCX

Thanks Matt. Might have a go. Love a challenge :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.