Sign in to follow this  
flyingjafo

Long time FSX/P3D user trying XP11 for the first time... WOW!

14 hours ago, flyingjafo said:

is there a good Vsync trick I need to know about?

I use nvidia inspector to lock frames to 1/2 of my monitor's refresh rate (30) and this yields silky smooth experience with no tearing.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

14 hours ago, flyingjafo said:

I'm trying to reassign keyboard commands over to the P3D world that I'm so used too

If I am not mistaken, there is a preset for the FSK keyboard commands in the bottom left corner of the keyboard settings page. I imagine P3D uses the same keyboard commands as FSX? 

Well it appears that more and more flight simmers are now coming to the X-Plane platform. Now I just hope developer's are listening. Now that P3D v4 is out, I had no choice to purchase it since I have so many add-on. However not many will work at this time. I will not purchase any upgrade add-on for P3D v4 unless they have a substantial discount  Anyway, I  have compared the two sim and in my honest opinion X-Plane 11 is much better.

• Upvote 1

Once you become familiar with XP and all it's inherent features, create a few ortho tiles, fly around for a few days, then go back to P3D and bring back your thoughts and post them here :ohmy:

• Upvote 3

+1. Loving X-Plane 11. Great job Laminar Research.

The diference between P3D v4 and X-Plane 11 is the diference between adaptation and evolution.

Just hope that major addon devloppers like HIFI, PMDG, A2A, Aerosoft, Majestic, etc see that XPlane is becoming a viable market and invest in it.

Allready bought five aircraft addons in X-Plane.

Since I been using PMDG products for FSX and P3D,  I decided to purchase B767 from Flight Factor latest version for X-Plane 11.

Tell me what you think.

You should tell us what you think compared to PMDG products...

Desaix,

For example the Operation Manual is 1049 pages, the FMS manual is 375 pages, the quick start tutorial manual is 28 pages and you can also set up a remote CDU. The manual also state that this is a Boeing licensed product.The aircraft come with an auto checklist and so many options for setting ground, airplane, failures, avionics etc. Also it include a X-updater-Client java program that keep it up to date.  As for visual, it is very well detail and at 2560 x 1440 resolution I did not have any frame rate drop or issues. This aircraft is suitable for novice and expert flight simmers.