Sign in to follow this  
MadDog

P3Dv4 - Any way to fix the water?

41 minutes ago, swiesma said:

ENVTEX is already good to go...

ENVTEX is new to me.  In P3Dv3 I was using Rex Direct with Soft Clouds.  But, this seems to do the job of both of those?  For those who use this, what went into the decision to get it?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

According to the site, v4 not supported at the moment, will be in a service pack. Can current users shed light on current functionality and any limitations with v4 when using the current version? Also, are you using PTAbsolute with this?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

30 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

According to the site, v4 not supported at the moment, will be in a service pack. Can current users shed light on current functionality and any limitations with v4 when using the current version? Also, are you using PTAbsolute with this?

I quote from the ENVTEX forum:

Hi guys,

After our first tests, we can confirm Envtex is pre-compatible with P3Dv4 as expected.
As we are still working on SP1 (which is much probably a matter of days now, no promises though) we're waiting the release to bring the official support of P3Dv4.

However you can already install Envtex in P3Dv4 by selecting P3Dv3 within the user interface and change your Simulator folder to the P3Dv4 folder. 
Then select everything you want but rain, snow and shaders.
Everything will work correctly, only the aurora effects will have to be slightly adjusted.

If you want to used the sun too, just go to "C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3" and copy "suneffect.cfg" then paste it in "C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4"

That's all,
Don't hesitate to ask below if you need any additional information on installing 1.0.5 with P3Dv4.

Enjoy your new simulator !

-> Works for me like a charm, no problems at all

Why I bought it? Well search for Pictures on Google with "ENVTEX P3D" :-) And it has an integration with AS16 + ASCA...

When you integrate it with AS16 and ASCA does it load textures dynamically based upon current weather?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 minute ago, ricka47 said:

When you integrate it with AS16 and ASCA does it load textures dynamically based upon current weather?

Yes, it does.  I am using the Envtex sky textures with ASCA in V4 with the 'Full Dynamics' setting. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

11 hours ago, MadDog said:

It's actually not the lack of shimmer that bothers me.  In real life, you'll really only see shimmer if you're looking at the reflection of the sun off the water.  It's the color that's all wrong... water is supposed to take on the color of the sky and my sky is not black during the day.

My water is not black and i don't use EnvTex. Maybe you installed something that is causing that problem.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

12 hours ago, MadDog said:

Although I've been generally impressed with P3D so far, the water color (if you can call it that) leaves a lot to be desired.  Looking across it at an oblique angle, it's acceptable (though dark); but when looking straight down at it, it looks like a black pool of death.  Does anybody know of any tweaks that will remove the "black ink" from the water and make it look somewhat more realistic?

You need something like REX, where you can change the water color, speed, and so on..That's what I currently have on my system. And, there are other add-ons, as mentioned. 

Or you adjust it, like me, on your own and to your liking. For example with a img batch processing tool. I also created my own highmaps and changed values in the waterconstants.xml for reflections I like to see.

A lot of options...

Deleted by OP

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Simtweaks doesn't allow registration.  Have to register to purchase.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 hour ago, WarpD said:

Simtweaks doesn't allow registration.  Have to register to purchase.

Wrong thread?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

15 hours ago, JDWalley said:

Ugh!  Thanks for nothing!

I want to hesr some funky Dixieland/Pretty Mama, come and take me by the hand…

:angry:

:biggrin:

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

Wrong thread?

Nope... someone posted it on the first page as a possible solution.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The water in 3.4 / 4 looks great to me at ultra.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I actually prefer it with the slider all the way to the left and with no reflections. Go figure...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)