Sign in to follow this  
captain420

737,747,777 which is the easiest to fly?

Out of these 3, which one would you say is the easiest to fly (more automated), mostly handled by the computer and less interaction and hand flying?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

That's what I'd say. 2 engines is easier than 4 (747). 

737 is much less automated than the 777.

So, 777 < 747 < 737.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1. Automation does not equal ease.

2. More automation does not mean that you will hand fly less.

Always remember that automation is a tool to be used to assist the pilot in his duties, not replace him :D

• Upvote 2

Aidan Hutchison

24 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Out of these 3, which one would you say is the easiest to fly (more automated), mostly handled by the computer and less interaction and hand flying?

I'm not a real world 737,777,747 pilot so I will only say my experience as far as PMDG aircrafts. Been logging lots of hours into these 3 and I hand fly a lot both take off to climb, approach to landing. The 777 is more automated than the other 2 and also not as joy to hand fly as the others. Eventhough 777 has more automation, I find it quite hard to hand fly actually. The 737 gives me the most joy and still one of my favorite aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

That definitely goes to the triple 7 (777) - it is very easy to fly compared to the 737, however, the 747 isn't too far behind, it is a bit older, lacks FBW and a little bit of the 777's automation.  However, if you are looking for super automated, look at the Airbii (I am unsure of their plural.) series from the a320 and up or the MD 11 or a 717...  

However, I want you to remember that the 747 is very easy to fly and after a few flights (and using the tutorial from PMDG) the 737 becomes very easy and it is my preferred aircraft to fly out of the three Boeing's that PMDG currently sells.  Essentially, while automation is nice and it can be enjoyable, going back and flying the less automated aircraft gives [me at least] more satisfaction than flying a 777 continuously. :biggrin: 

2 hours ago, achutchison said:

1. Automation does not equal ease.

2. More automation does not mean that you will hand fly less.

Always remember that automation is a tool to be used to assist the pilot in his duties, not replace him :D

I believe that a few other aerospace manufacturers are trying to reduce the pilot's workload to minimal amounts and eventually remove them from the pointy end of the plane. :mellow:

Have the 737 and 777 only. Prefer flying the NGX as there is some work involved. If I feel lazy then it's the 777 

ZORAN

The one you're most familiar with will be the easiest to fly, automation or otherwise...

Ian Webber

Guest JustanotherPilot

Bt the way it goes without saying that you need fs2crew if you want an easier experience. And besides none of those aircraft are meant to be solo pilot. 

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

I have to admit that I do not understand the point of the question... I am not sure what the threadstarter's aims are...

I think Ian Webber's reply hits the nail on the head...

A

1 hour ago, aentwis said:

I have to admit that I do not understand the point of the question... I am not sure what the threadstarter's aims are...

I think Ian Webber's reply hits the nail on the head...

A

It's pretty clear if you read the title ☺

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

7 minutes ago, Venturi said:

It's pretty clear if you read the title ☺

In defence of aentwis, if you read some of the OP's other earlier posts, he has had issues with these aircraft, IIRC.

For me, it would be the 737. I dont fly the 747 that often and i fly the 777 even less. There is no general answer to your question in this case i guess.