Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Is there an addon similar to PDF Kneeboard that will run on P3D v4?

I've seen other people from different forums requesting a kneeboard for v4 so I guess it must be popular. At times I need to have 4-5 documents by hand at the same time and always found this tool to be the most helpful as you can quickly access your checklists, charts etc. while still having an eye on your cockpit and surroundings. I don't get why something comparable has not been implemented in the sim itself. The kneeboard that P3D provides is .htm only and not really that handy.

• Upvote 1

Exactly, I wish someone would convert the existing code to make it 64bit compatible. I don't think it would be too difficult to do. :( I just wish I knew how to program.

Maybe you can spread the word to those people, maybe someone out there knows how to program and it might be someone who really wants a PDF Kneeboard. You can point them to the source code which I posted.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Unfortunately those forums aren't as popular as avsim, by far. Best thing imo is to spread the word on these forums, hence in this thread. Just keep it up a couple of days and maybe someone will chime in who knows more?

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, armchair_pilot said:

. . .  Best thing imo is to spread the word on these forums, hence in this thread. Just keep it up a couple of days and maybe someone will chime in who knows more?

+1

• Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

PDFkneeboars is only 2D? I mean you can´t use it in a virtual cockpit, right? I fly only on VR and I´d kill for a tool like this that I could check without removing the googles all the time. I have a GTN750 who has all the US charts but since I fly 99% of the time in Europe...

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Armchair thats great! I didn't know that thread existed, I see he has taken an interest in making this existing addon work for 64bit Prepar3D v4! That's a start and terrific news. 

Yes PDF Kneeboard is a 2D add-on, it provides a window that stays on top of your sim window and allows you to view multiple PDF files. Extremely handy to have everything all in one area without looking away from your cockpit!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I checked out that thread on reddit, seems like he will work on it after vacation. I hope he keeps his word. I'm dying for this add-on too.

So I understand you guys right: You want an overlay on your flightsim for PDFs?

How about a second monitor?! :-)

7 hours ago, swiesma said:

So I understand you guys right: You want an overlay on your flightsim for PDFs?

How about a second monitor?! :-)

Then I would need a 4th screen. I have barely enough space for 3..

• Upvote 1

I also run 3 monitors, may I ask you what you use them for if you don't have place left for PDFs? :-)

I know that it has been brought up already, but you can buy a cheap old iPad mini from a pawnshop and install the free Fltplan Go app.  All updated charts and procedures with connection to the sim for a moving map.  Best of all, your plane icon moves on approach plates....awesome features for FREE!

Thats not the point here. I already have an iPad or laptop that I can run 3rd party apps on such as a PDF reader or EFB. But I don't want to. I like to have it within my SIM environment. I find it much more convenient if I can hit like a hotkey to bring up a window with my PDF charts and flight plan readily available to me instantly, and I can focus on one main window, and then hit another hotkey to close the window when I don't need it.

It's not only for charts but also checklists, routes, QRH, simply anything and most important: quickly accessible through hotkeys as captain420 already mentioned.