Sign in to follow this  
Harvgordon

Preciption Windshield Effect lua script found in P3D V4 folder.

A little bit disappointed. The script in lua shows that it still use texture for effect, just like FS9.

1 hour ago, Silenced said:

A little bit disappointed. The script in lua shows that it still use texture for effect, just like FS9.

Uh, why? That's how just about every 3rd party developer adds the effect. A user here at AVSIM even posted a DIY guide as to how to add the effect to any aircraft. If one looks at how RealAir did it, it is just a 15 frame slideshow of semi-transparent raindrop textures that get applied to the glass when rain is detected in the sim. The windshield  and side widows have different textures. Some aircraft use different  textures when they are moving versus stationary.

1 hour ago, Silenced said:

There still isn't any physical raindrops simulated in ESP. So what exactly did you expect?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

A waterflow physics simulation where the speed and direction of the raindrops flowing over the windshield react to changes in airspeed, yaw and AOA?  :huh:

That would be awesome!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

56 minutes ago, RoboRay said:

A waterflow physics simulation where the speed and direction of the raindrops flowing over the windshield react to changes in airspeed, yaw and AOA?  :huh:

Considering what we've had so far I think many people myself included would be happy for any kind of precipitation effects on the windshield.

I always found it looking very weird to fly through heavy rain without a single trace of it on the windshield. And those wipers...not even sure why some developers bothered simulating them when you at the same time never will have any actual use for them.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, RoboRay said:

You mean like in FSW?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

A user here at AVSIM even posted a DIY guide as to how to add the effect to any aircraft. 

Have that link handy?

It may be getting hidden in the search results since this issue is talked about often.

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Have that link handy?

It may be getting hidden in the search results since this issue is talked about often.

Thanks!

Look through this thread for posts by user Bjoern:

Although he posted several videos of how he added rain effects to the glass, I don't think he actually posted any code (LUA and/or XML) unless it's in a different thread that I can no longer find.

• Upvote 1

I just think that the raindrop effect will run like FSW. or FSW is also texture only? Hope someone can explain to me.

While a cool looking effect one has to ask is it really worth it. It has been a decade since I flew a light single engine aircraft in the rain, but when the power was brought up for take-off the rain was blown off the windshield by the prop blast. The drops of the windshield was mostly a taxing thing. Sure you did have drops hitting the windshield while flying, but they quickly left the windshield. 

On larger aircraft, we have windshield wipers. Also, most of the aircraft I have flown in the past few decades maintenance treated the windshield with a RainX like product. 

As for cpu cycles, I'd rather they spend them on more useful features such a tire friction on contaminated runways. 

• Upvote 1

Immersion,,enough said. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Flew night VFR out of Cairns southbound when I hit some light rain..a welcome subtle effect, as was mentioned not overdone. AS16/ASCA was on. Sorry for the widescreen - I'm on triple monitors..

..just before entering

2017-6-3_20-29-57-710.jpg

..rain

2017-6-3_20-31-18-522.jpg

2017-6-3_20-32-2-755.jpg

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

The other day I observed for the first time this type of precipitation drop effect far away:

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=861869PluieP3Dv4AS16.jpg

I was having AS16 Beta running but someone told me that the effect is created by P3Dv4 itself. I don't really know...

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Neither do I, I'm gonna try and reproduce my effect above without AS16 running.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |