Sign in to follow this  
D-man

P3D V4 ILS Glide slope NOT recognized

Greetings all..

With P3D V4, does anyone else have the issue when connecting autopilot (APR) to ILS the heading is enabled and works but the glide slope does not sync up?
To to be clear I fully understand how to use ILS /NAV Frq with AutoPilot (ie speed requirements ect). My issue is in APR the glide slope bug comes down to flight level but the autopilot never.. NEVER kicks in and I always have to use elevator control to follow glide slope in. I've tested with almost all P3D v4 aircraft and they all exhibit the same behavior.

Again anyone else have this issue and know a solution?

Thanks in advance,
D-Man
Seattle Wa.

Hi  I am having this problem, did you simply reinstall or repair.?

Pete

Shortly I have the same issue. The pmdg planes works fine but the carenado - Bonanza does not pick the glideslope as described by D-man above.

Don't know about other default planes.

Suggest to try other default planes as well, since the ILS works on the A36. Confirm the white APR light above the Artificial horizon in on and you are below the GS when trying to capture it?

I do also fully understand how to capture an ILS. Made thousands fo ILS landings. The default A36 of P3D

v4.3 and below did not capture it. Since the upgrade to P3D v4.4 there is no A36 anymore , so I bought it from

Carenado. Same issue as the previous default plane.

Hmm , no solutions till now ?? Only my PMDG-planes are picking up the glideslope , all other not. I am sure it worked on p3d v4.0 but after one of the updates this stopped working.

Since apparently only 1 other user except you has experienced this problem within 2 1/2 years, it's obvious that there's either something wrong with your installation or your nav setup/ops. Very difficult to troubleshoot in this case.

1 hour ago, hbarkhof said:

Hmm , no solutions till now ?? Only my PMDG-planes are picking up the glideslope , all other not. I am sure it worked on p3d v4.0 but after one of the updates this stopped working.

I have the same problem with a Carenado plane. Sometimes it picked up the GS correct but most of the time not. Since a few days I fly the Carenado Phenom 300 in the original mode AND with the Flight1 GTN750 Mod installed and it makes no different. The PMDG 737 NG and the NGXu doing it very well and my other favourite is the TFTDi 717 and have also no problem with capturing the GS correct.

I'm flying with P3Dv4.5 and will try another plane because I also want to pinpoint the problem.

Yesterday I was making my weekly Monday evening VATSIM flight to KASTRUP Copenhagen (EKCH) for the first time with the P300 and again, a 100% steady lock on the LOC for RW22L but no... cooperating GS.

Happy landings...

Edited by simba_nl

solution is easy - delete previous flight
and start from a clean scenario