Sign in to follow this  
godimaginedme

747 v4 Loads up dead

The 747 for P3D v4 is loading up dead with no activation window. I tried installing the Simconnect as explained on the website, but nothing is working. I'm now repairing P3D hoping that will fix it. Please help! :) Thank  you.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, godimaginedme said:

The 747 for P3D v4 is loading up dead with no activation window. I tried installing the Simconnect as explained on the website, but nothing is working. I'm now repairing P3D hoping that will fix it. Please help! :) Thank  you.

Did you install FSUIPC5? If so, remove it.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 minute ago, godimaginedme said:

Thanks, Kyle. That did it. Can I use FSUIPC now that it's activated?

If it works, sure, but there have been several reports of FSUIPC causing issues here on the forum. There may be a few workarounds in those threads. I'd avoid using it if at all possible.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Does that mean you are not looking into this issue? How am i supposed to set up my thrust reverse levers without FSUIPC. :mellow: 

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

This issue is mentioned in the 747 forum known issues thread, and that was posted before 747 for Prepar3d v4 was released.

4 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Stupid but I have to ask this: How do I uninstall it correctly? Just removing the files from MODULES folder?

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

10 minutes ago, LH747fan said:

Stupid but I have to ask this: How do I uninstall it correctly? Just removing the files from MODULES folder?

Run the installer and select - REMOVE.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Run the installer and select - REMOVE.

I have the same problem and this does not work for me. FSUIPC5 not registered version. 

Edit: Simply deleting everything related to FSUIPC inside the Modules folder in the P3Dv4 root, solves it.

6 hours ago, Floeffel91 said:

Edit: Simply deleting everything related to FSUIPC inside the Modules folder in the P3Dv4 root, solves it.

Or you can just rename the FSUIPC5.dll file

David Porrett

9 hours ago, Heffron said:

Does that mean you are not looking into this issue? How am i supposed to set up my thrust reverse levers without FSUIPC. :mellow: 

I do not want to be rude, but I do not understand your logic. Clearly 747 works in P3D. As soon as you install FSUIPC, it does not work. When you remove FSUIPC it works again. It is obvious that FSUIPC has some issues. Why would PMDG look into it? They do not have the code. Ask Mr Dowson to address this issue.

20 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

That can't be a solution to cut an arm to keep a leg?

Best Regards

Jens 

• Like 1

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

7 hours ago, hasse29 said:

I do not want to be rude, but I do not understand your logic. Clearly 747 works in P3D. As soon as you install FSUIPC, it does not work. When you remove FSUIPC it works again. It is obvious that FSUIPC has some issues. Why would PMDG look into it? They do not have the code. Ask Mr Dowson to address this issue.

I believe the developer of FSUIPC has looked into it and concluded that it is a PMDG issue, although more correctly a L-M issue that needs to be addressed by LM.  He speculated that it was similar to another issue he had with FSUIPC and Windows10 and that LM helped him out with a fix.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

3 minutes ago, Julean said:

That can't be a solution to cut an arm to keep a leg?

At the moment it seems the way to resolve the issue. Keep in mind that p3dV4 developments are still ongoing and that a fix for this will probably come sooner than later. Be it from PMDG or from Pete Dowson or LM as mentioned in the post from Mark just above mine.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, LH747fan said:

If LM would have given the chance to PMDG,.. to test the products for a week... :(

I'm pretty sure that PMDG (and all other major third party devs) have had their hands on V4 since the beginning of this year... There are just so many different add ons that things are bound to conflict at some point.

Edited by harvester21