Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

Prepar3D v4 was made for PMDG

Just like to say a quick thank you to Robert and the gang. A perfect match has been made! Thanks for "making me" buy the QOTSV2

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

9 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Just like to say a quick thank you to Robert and the gang. A perfect match has been made! Thanks for "making me" buy the QOTSV2

+1

A dream came true. Who said 787 was a dreamliner?.... 

This one is the Queen of all Dreamliners.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Its understood that some products are simply fantastic in flight simulation. But at times fans get carried away and take it to different level....

Regards

That statement kind of reminds me of the relationship between makers of Boeing 777-8/9 and Emirates/Etihad buyers of the aircraft.

Bilal Asif Khan

21 hours ago, Prayog said:

Its understood that some products are simply fantastic in flight simulation. But at times fans get carried away and take it to different level....

Regards

+1... this borderlines puke level...

• Upvote 1

I'm in the  middle of moving in the midst of all these new changes.  Can't wait to set up my system and download v4 since I exclusively fly PMDG's jets!  If DTG insists on their 3rd party stance, I hope PMDG pushes their jets to XP11 also for the sake of good 64-bit platform competition.

• Upvote 1

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Just finished my first test ride with the  QOTSV2 in P3d v4.  KLAS to KLAX (extremely short test ride) with AS16 weather, GSX ground services, FSDT airports and no VAS worries.  Life is good!

Charlie Felix

• Upvote 1

@Charlie Felix You are soooo right. Made a flight yesterday from LEPA to EDDM with the 747, AS16, ASCA, ENVTEX, PTA, All available FTX products, vPilot on VATSIM..... at dawn, lights to the horizon. A dream come true :-)

What are your guys' thoughts on Prepar3d V4? I've installed it a few weeks ago and haven't  added anything to it yet. I've noticed it does not seem to run as smooth as FSX. I have hyperthreading on, a 4.9 ghz 4790, 16 gab ddr3, and two 1080 GTX's in SLI. In FSX with PMDG,  and maxed out settings DX10 fixer installed, I get a smooth 40 FPS at Flightbeam's KDEN, 30 at FlightBeams KSFO, 45-50 at most Orbx airports, 30 at KMSP (Flighbeam). I know Prepar3d is "Stable", but 30 FPS is very stuttery, anything but smooth. I know it's not going to be a magic performance increase, but I at least expected it to run on par with FSX minus the OOMs. Is there a solid setup tutorial, including .cfg tweaks, etc to get the program running smooth? Basic setting have FPS going sometimes well past 80 to 100 with significant screen tearing. I turn on vsync and boom! FPS now at 20-25 and very stuttery. Set preferred FPS at 60 (refresh rate), and I get about 60 with visible screen tear. I know it needs to be tuned. Help me out guys!  Thanks!

On June 8, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Charlie Felix said:

Just finished my first test ride with the  QOTSV2 in P3d v4.  KLAS to KLAX (extremely short test ride) with AS16 weather, GSX ground services, FSDT airports and no VAS worries.  Life is good!

Charlie Felix

Is AS16 prepar3d 64 compatible?

18 minutes ago, davidzill said:

Is AS16 prepar3d 64 compatible?

Not really, ASP4 (in beta) is the preferred choice iirc. It's easy to mix this with AS16 on their website, which is for P3Dv3.x.

Yes.

Active Sky for P3Dv4 beta download

I've been using it for several days with no issues.

Needless to say, I think, you need a licensed version to participate.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS