Sign in to follow this  

Yesterday I replaced the GTX 750 TI with a new GTX 1060 6 meg Nividia card. After installing the card and new driver from Nividia website. started P3D and no sound. I went to Device manager and saw that my default sound was changed.so I reset set it to what it had been , and sound returned. Now I went to the helicopter i am current;y flying a Cera Sim   AS365  and that copter has some sounds in the VC for switch clicks for lighting, and parking brake to name a few, and now those sounds are missing when I activate those switches or the brakes. This was not occurring prior to replacing the GPU, so I am thinking that something is messed up in the sound, since these new Nividia drivers also have been known to cause problems due to their handling of HDMI sound. I found dozens and dozens of posts on this issue with people uninstalling drivers, changing bios settings, etc..etc..... Now my question is, has anyone had a similar experience with the new Nividia cards and if so, has anyone found an easy correction of this problem.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Are you using the default Windows sound driver? If so, try using the drivers for your motherboard's on–board sound chip (Realtek, etc) and set that as your default sound driver. This solved a similar sound problem I had.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Guest JustanotherPilot

I lost my sound on the gtx1060 after the latest nividia driver update. It completely wiped the sound drivers. I had to install the Realtek drivers, as previously mentioned, now all good but i'll monitoring this next nividia driver update.

Had the same problem. Did a Google search and found that you have to go to the device manager, sound, right click on the Nvidia driver and select disable. That worked fine for me.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Spent time  on this issue yesterday, and found that when installing the Nividia drivers, it is best, if you are not using HDMI sound not to use Express Install in the Nividia Installer. That disables your present sound sometimes when it installs the Nvidia HD audio. I downloaded the drivers for the audio I have, used a driver cleaner, installed the audio drivers, and then installed the Nvidia driver and did not check the HD audio part of it. Now everything works. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310