Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great... Although I have a question ( Not only to u but everyone ). I am sure you have already heard of URP 1.1. Doesnt URP just does what PTA does. So if someone like me downloaded URP is there still a need for me to buy PTA. Does URP act like a preset for PTA or what exactly.

This is great to hear!!! As soon as I am home from work I will get the tool.

I have been fiddling around v4 files to try to recreate what I had in v3 with PTA and now that PTA for v4 is available I can let the tool do the work for me. Thank you so much Matt for bringing the tool to market and I know you and your team will continue to enhance this product as v4 continues to evolve.

Thanks for this! Now, someone share a good looking profile so i don't have to tweak all night :laugh:

Very good to see.  Couple of questions...

• How much is it?
  • When versions of P3D4 are released that break shaders (again), are those updates free?

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Ahmed Aldabbass said:

Great... Although I have a question ( Not only to u but everyone ). I am sure you have already heard of URP 1.1. Doesnt URP just does what PTA does. So if someone like me downloaded URP is there still a need for me to buy PTA. Does URP act like a preset for PTA or what exactly.

PTA is much more powerful than URP.  URP provides some different texture sets and some minor shading tweaks but nothing near what PTA can accomplish.

• Upvote 1

$18 - is it just me or is that a bit steep for something that was free in v3 and clearly didn't take a lot of time to port to v4?

• Upvote 9

Yes, but maybe there will be a discount soon. I'm holding off for now.

4 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

$18 - is it just me or is that a bit steep for something that was free in v3 and clearly didn't take a lot of time to port to v4?

Not just you. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Very good to see.  Couple of questions...

• How much is it?
  • When versions of P3D4 are released that break shaders (again), are those updates free?

Thanks.

- $17.00

- Free updates for any further v4 releases.

10 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I've explained several times why it's the price it is. Read here if you're interested: 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

It was free in v3, but the developer did not make enough via donations to make it worth his while. As a result he abandoned it and decided to not make it for v4.

Matt Davies, the new developer of PTA, purchased the code for quite a bit of money to make it available to the flight sim community. PTA will contain many new features in the future.

The great thing about this being payware is 1) it is now available to the community and 2) it will continue to be available because it won't just be someone's side thing hoping to get donations from people that just won't donate.

21 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

PTA is much more powerful than URP.  URP provides some different texture sets and some minor shading tweaks but nothing near what PTA can accomplish.

So with the right preset pta would get better results in visuals than urp?

6 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

I always look for opportunities to give back to the community

You took a free addon, ported to the new version of Prepar3d (let's be honest, that was not hard) and then slapped a $17 price tag on it with the promise of new features in the future. Thank you for giving back to the community. 

• Upvote 7

HEY MATT,

are there any presets that come with the tool. Will u make a YouTube video about it ?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

- $17.00

I've explained several times why it's the price it is. Read here if you're interested: 

Thanks - you may have posted it before but I hadn't seen it.  Appreciate the transparency.... K

13 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I donated more than this amount to Yuri and will be buying it again from Matt.  This has been one of the best addons I have used in many years of simming.  It has greatly transformed my sim so IMO it is well worth it.  I've spent much more on aircraft that don't work and scenery I have never used...:huh:  The original developer decided to stop and Matt stepped up and bought the source making it V4 compatible with more features coming.  This is all fair in my book!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, kamaz74 said:

You took a free addon, ported to the new version of Prepar3d (let's be honest, that was not hard) and then slapped a $17 price tag on it with the promise of new features in the future. Thank you for giving back to the community. 

He paid quite a bit of money to the original developer in order to obtain the rights. The original developer had no interest in creating a v4 version because it was not worth his time to do it for free, so it was either no PTA for v4 or a developer to buy the rights for PTA, create a v4 version, and charge for it.

If you remember, Real Environment was a free add-on for FS9, but then Tim created a version for FSX that was payware and the community was better off for it. It made sense for Tim to move it to the payware model otherwise we would have never had the benefit of REX products.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kamaz74 said:

You skipped the bit about paying money for the code.

23 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

- $17.00

Great initiative will support you guys off to buy...

• Upvote 1

It seems to me that the idea that customers should pay for undisclosed und unspecified 'future' updates - which IIRC was introduced by PMDG with their P3D pricing - really is a great idea to create revenue. Because with reference to the 'future' and the various miracles and epiphanies it might bring about, you can justify nearly any price. Is 17$ a fair price for this tool? Only time can really tell. 

IMO it would be more honest to settle for a lower price now and charge an upgrade fee once those promised features really have been implemented and specified. And this does not only concern Matt's tool here, but the way flightsim devs do business in a more general way.

30 minutes ago, kamaz74 said:

You forgot the part where he shelled out $10,000 or more for the privilege.  

• Upvote 1

Could just be me, but is anyone else finding they have to re-active if they close and reopen the software?

This software is a must have imho. Will absolutely buy it.

• Upvote 1

Just purchased and I think I just received some sort of divine sign in the process.  My 2 factor PayPal authentication code was 747788.

• Upvote 2