Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for Prepar3d v4 Released

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up - I've just released PTA for Prepar3D v4 - it's available via the SimTweaks website: https://www.simtweaks.com

Thanks,

Matt.

• Upvote 8

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Great... Although I have a question ( Not only to u but everyone ). I am sure you have already heard of URP 1.1. Doesnt URP just does what PTA does. So if someone like me downloaded URP is there still a need for me to buy PTA. Does URP act like a preset for PTA or what exactly.

This is great to hear!!! As soon as I am home from work I will get the tool.

I have been fiddling around v4 files to try to recreate what I had in v3 with PTA and now that PTA for v4 is available I can let the tool do the work for me. Thank you so much Matt for bringing the tool to market and I know you and your team will continue to enhance this product as v4 continues to evolve.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Thanks for this! Now, someone share a good looking profile so i don't have to tweak all night :laugh:

Very good to see.  Couple of questions...

• How much is it?
  • When versions of P3D4 are released that break shaders (again), are those updates free?

Thanks.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

39 minutes ago, Ahmed Aldabbass said:

Great... Although I have a question ( Not only to u but everyone ). I am sure you have already heard of URP 1.1. Doesnt URP just does what PTA does. So if someone like me downloaded URP is there still a need for me to buy PTA. Does URP act like a preset for PTA or what exactly.

PTA is much more powerful than URP.  URP provides some different texture sets and some minor shading tweaks but nothing near what PTA can accomplish.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

$18 - is it just me or is that a bit steep for something that was free in v3 and clearly didn't take a lot of time to port to v4?

• Upvote 9

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yes, but maybe there will be a discount soon. I'm holding off for now.

4 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

$18 - is it just me or is that a bit steep for something that was free in v3 and clearly didn't take a lot of time to port to v4?

Not just you. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Very good to see.  Couple of questions...

• How much is it?
  • When versions of P3D4 are released that break shaders (again), are those updates free?

Thanks.

- $17.00

- Free updates for any further v4 releases.

10 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I've explained several times why it's the price it is. Read here if you're interested: 

• Upvote 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

8 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

It was free in v3, but the developer did not make enough via donations to make it worth his while. As a result he abandoned it and decided to not make it for v4.

Matt Davies, the new developer of PTA, purchased the code for quite a bit of money to make it available to the flight sim community. PTA will contain many new features in the future.

The great thing about this being payware is 1) it is now available to the community and 2) it will continue to be available because it won't just be someone's side thing hoping to get donations from people that just won't donate.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

21 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

PTA is much more powerful than URP.  URP provides some different texture sets and some minor shading tweaks but nothing near what PTA can accomplish.

So with the right preset pta would get better results in visuals than urp?

6 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

I always look for opportunities to give back to the community

You took a free addon, ported to the new version of Prepar3d (let's be honest, that was not hard) and then slapped a $17 price tag on it with the promise of new features in the future. Thank you for giving back to the community. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

- $17.00

- Free updates for any further v4 releases.

I've explained several times why it's the price it is. Read here if you're interested: 

Thanks - you may have posted it before but I hadn't seen it.  Appreciate the transparency.... K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.