Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for Prepar3d v4 Released

Excellent news. We wanted PTA for P3Dv4 and now we have it. It's ok for me to pay for it to get this utility now and to help to make it better and better.

Cheers, Ed

I'm trying to pay using Pay Pal and all that I see is the Pay Pal window apparently only able to process a payment for projectFLY (Makes me think I wouldn't be actually purchasing PTA). Could anyone clarify?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

54 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

or less, Matt just said the counter offer was 5 figures.  Which only means he settled higher than $2000.  Granted the final figure was likely closer to 10 than 2 but we don't know for sure unless he tells us..

Matt, could you look at the screenshots page please?  They don't seem to be coming up with large images when I click on the thumbnails.

If I'm going to make a judgement on whether to pay for it or not I'd like to see the screenshots properly please :)

Cheers K

Click the thumbnail and scroll down, a bit clumsy but it works l;-)

André

5 minutes ago, awf said:

Click the thumbnail and scroll down, a bit clumsy but it works l;-)

that doesnt appear to work for the application screenshots

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I bought it, smooth installation (the usual), however since it is a payware now, it should include some compatible presets with it or at least a link to some confirmed compatible presets.

• Upvote 2

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

4 minutes ago, penta_a said:

I bought it, smooth installation (the usual), however since it is a payware now, it should include some compatible presets with it or at least a link to some confirmed compatible presets.

Matt stated that former PTA 2.x presets should be compatible and work in PTA 2.5.

1 hour ago, kamaz74 said:

You took a free addon, ported to the new version of Prepar3d (let's be honest, that was not hard) and then slapped a $17 price tag on it with the promise of new features in the future. Thank you for giving back to the community. 

Something I'm still shaking my head at with our "community". Everyone is kicking Matt in the teeth for making this a payware product but no one is looking at Yuri and asking him why HE chose to sell the code for such a high price. Everyone here and on the various Facebook groups are taking digs and launching personal attacks against Matt for investing his money for this utility and I cannot find 1 post where someone is throwing some dirt Yuri's way for simply not releasing it as open source to let the community continue development. Let's not forget, Yuri said he lost the desire to continue supporting PTA and ABANDONED it and even with all the cries to release it as open source, he did not. If it wasn't Matt it maybe would have been another developer or worse, no one would have picked up where Yuri left off and we'd all be sitting around pouting and whining about the fact we don't have the PTA tool.

This community as it stands today, really puts devs into a no win situation.

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, kamaz74 said:

You took a free addon, ported to the new version of Prepar3d (let's be honest, that was not hard) and then slapped a $17 price tag on it with the promise of new features in the future. Thank you for giving back to the community. 

You want something for nothing? Go develop the shaders yourself then.

I, for one, have paid my £15 and am perfectly happy. Good on you, Matt.

• Upvote 5

As far as I'm concerned, PTA is an indispensable tool, and I can't imagine flying without it.  Those of you who are complaining about a lousy 17 dollars, don't you think that you'd recoup that investment, and then some, out of the sheer pleasure of being able to customize your visual landscape?  Give me a break, what a bunch of whiners.  Enjoy flying with the crap default lighting or the limitations from things like URP.

John

• Upvote 2

Neither PayPal nor the contact page is working for me. I get "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." error message when I click submit to pay or send a message. 

Paul Dumke

I just purchased the tool, but as a first time user I am completely lost. I do not see anything in the way of included presets.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

2 minutes ago, N405GJ said:

I just purchased the tool, but as a first time user I am completely lost. I do not see anything in the way of included presets.

Matt - You can look on the PTA forum here and there is a thread about the Thopat preset. I would recommend this one as it is the best I have seen so far (IMO).  There is also something called PTAbsolute by the TOGA team who developed the Envtex addon.  Its a free download at their website but they are releasing a new one for V4 soon.  Using one of these would at least give you a start and can always change settings as you see fit.  I kept the Thopat one mostly intact..I only changed the night setting a little bit.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, MikeAdamo said:

Something I'm still shaking my head at with our "community". Everyone is kicking Matt in the teeth for making this a payware product but no one is looking at Yuri and asking him why HE chose to sell the code for such a high price. Everyone here and on the various Facebook groups are taking digs and launching personal attacks against Matt for investing his money for this utility and I cannot find 1 post where someone is throwing some dirt Yuri's way for simply not releasing it as open source to let the community continue development. Let's not forget, Yuri said he lost the desire to continue supporting PTA and ABANDONED it and even with all the cries to release it as open source, he did not. If it wasn't Matt it maybe would have been another developer or worse, no one would have picked up where Yuri left off and we'd all be sitting around pouting and whining about the fact we don't have the PTA tool.

This community as it stands today, really puts devs into a no win situation.

I completely agree with you!!!

Hell, the ONLY reason it's payware now is because this Yuri guy held out for such a high price.

It's interesting, Yuri says he won't continue development because it's too costly yet charges thousands of dollars for it.

How does these even make sense? Do we as a community just gave in and pay anything a dev asks us too?

We as a community didn't think that this software was worth anything more than payware. Then we all jump at the opportunity to pay money for it? (I'm talking about those thst didn't donate. I didn't and I'm surely not going to pay now.)

It's obvious he only held out for his own personal gain.

Matt only buys it because he sees some potential to make quick cash.

This is such a racket.

AND THEN FUNNY PART OF ALL IS....

Everyone who complained about pmdg and other developers charging twice for the same product are rushing out to buy this software. Which is in fact the same as the freeware version.

You people wonder why companies price things the way they do. Because 95 percent of the people in this community will buy anything just for the chance to fly a new airplane they couldmy fly in real life or for an opportunity to get closer to the real world.

It's the exact same problem with the regionals terrible pay here in the states. They know young folks will be ok getting paid whatever amount just to fly a jet.

Freakin ridiculous.

If this program was valued at over 2 grand, I wonder what the level-d 757 would be worth right now.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.