Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for Prepar3d v4 Released

8 hours ago, MikeAdamo said:

Something I'm still shaking my head at with our "community". Everyone is kicking Matt in the teeth for making this a payware product but no one is looking at Yuri and asking him why HE chose to sell the code for such a high price. Everyone here and on the various Facebook groups are taking digs and launching personal attacks against Matt for investing his money for this utility and I cannot find 1 post where someone is throwing some dirt Yuri's way for simply not releasing it as open source to let the community continue development. Let's not forget, Yuri said he lost the desire to continue supporting PTA and ABANDONED it and even with all the cries to release it as open source, he did not. If it wasn't Matt it maybe would have been another developer or worse, no one would have picked up where Yuri left off and we'd all be sitting around pouting and whining about the fact we don't have the PTA tool.

This community as it stands today, really puts devs into a no win situation.

This. Thank you.

To everyone else that is supporting this, also thank you. 

The sad reality is, the vocal minority will eventually ruin it for the majority - this was a huge risk for me, I've never invested this sort of money in my life. Should other opportunities come around of a similar setup (someone wants to sell tools/utilities/addon source code to me, for me to keep updated), I wont be so quick to say yes. I cannot believe how bitter/nasty/hateful people can be - it's even gotten to a point now in which I'm receiving death threats.

It really does make me think what the future holds for this community & flight sim as a whole - I just simply do not understand where the utter resentment comes from.

• Upvote 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Very happy to support this payware initiative and indeed have already done so. Anyone who follows Matt knows what a great, totally straightforward and honest guy he is. An absolute pillar of the flight sim community and I'm excited about what his incredible enthusiasm and energy will bring to PTA. It can only make an outstanding utility better.

My advice Matt is to ignore the detractors. I'm absolutely certain they'll be vastly outnumbered by those of us who will support you.

Please keep up the GREAT support for this community.

Thank You.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

This. Thank you.

To everyone else that is supporting this, also thank you. 

The sad reality is, the vocal minority will eventually ruin it for the majority - this was a huge risk for me, I've never invested this sort of money in my life. Should other opportunities come around of a similar setup (someone wants to sell tools/utilities/addon source code to me, for me to keep updated), I wont be so quick to say yes. I cannot believe how bitter/nasty/hateful people can be - it's even gotten to a point now in which I'm receiving death threats.

It really does make me think what the future holds for this community & flight sim as a whole - I just simply do not understand where the utter resentment comes from.

Resentment comes from the fact that someone took advantage of your goodwill in trying to make something of PTA.

AS far as I'm concerned, you yourself did a good thing but the fact that it was on the back of an investment from you of that magnitude really grinds my gears.

People can say that Yuri is entitled to whatever he wants to sell it for, but like you said, it goes to show what state this niche industry is in.

You were a convenient scapegoat when the real problem lies with the source.

I'll end up buying this to support the risk you're taking on this project. However, I have completely lost faith in this industry.

Just shows that people in this community are really only out for themselves and not the community as a whole.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Just now, ahsmatt7 said:

Resentment comes from the fact that someone took advantage of your goodwill in trying to make something of PTA.

AS far as I'm concerned, you yourself did a good thing but the fact that it was on the back of an investment from you of that magnitude really grinds my gears.

People can say that Yuri is entitled to whatever he wants to sell it for, but like you said, it goes to show what state this niche industry is in.

You were a convenient scapegoat when the real problem lies with the source.

Fair enough. Essentially I took one for the "team" by the sounds of it.

I offered him $2000 - I was willing to part with that and release it as freeware with P3D v4 compatibility, so there's that. People just assume this is some sort of quick cash out for me. I've been in the community for too long to do that.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

11 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

it's even gotten to a point now in which I'm receiving death threats.

This is so far out of order it's unreal.

Give feedback to Matt on why you will or will not buy it, no problem there, but that - I'd be reporting it to the police Matt...

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

Fair enough. Essentially I took one for the "team" by the sounds of it.

I offered him $2000 - I was willing to part with that and release it as freeware with P3D v4 compatibility, so there's that. People just assume this is some sort of quick cash out for me. I've been in the community for too long to do that.

I edited my post to include the fact that I'll end up buying this to support you and the risk you took. But it still really ###### me off that you had to pay that kind of money in the first place.

I honestly hope you make bank on this and Yuri realizes how much of a deal you got on the software.

Matt kubanda

4 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

This is so far out of order it's unreal.

Give feedback to Matt on why you will or will not buy it, no problem there, but that - I'd be reporting it to the police Matt...

Agreed,

There are some people in this community that are way past stupid....

Matt kubanda

11 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Just shows that people in this community are really only out for themselves and not the community as a whole.

Not everyone, but sadly that is the reality of most of the planets population, not just our community.

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Matt has an outstanding name in the Flightsim community.

Years ago weather programs where freeware till the developers choose to make them payware...

PTA is not a very simple tool and it will involve further.

Looking at the positive changes in the look of my P3D I never want to go back to a default look.

Each couple of years we spent $ 199 on a newer P3D version and hundreds or thousends of $ on addons.

All those critics have spent another $ 199 on P3Dv4 , but are having problems with a totally readjusted tool like PTA becoming payware. 

It was either payware or no more PTA .

Imho the price for PTA and what it does is not expensive.

Keep up the good work Matt !

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Matt, Don't let the minority grind you down. Its quiet obvious you have the support of the majority!

• Upvote 1

Craig Sells

@MattDavies Thanks for the work you out into PTA. First I learned a lot about Flightsims by you and by your videos, now you 'make the Sim look great again' ;-)

Keep up the good work. Thanks again.

The good thing: I will buy it instant today after work. The bad thing: I have to take our dog for a walk first :-(

Edit: Oh, I just read your whole Facebook post! You know what? After buying it tonight I will also make a donation to you.

Matt,

You've done a lot for the community and with picking up PTA you've really gone even a step further. We needed PTA and you jumped in.  Also, I won't enter the discussion whether Yuri deserves the money or not as 1. I find it a bit disturbing that there has to be a scapegoat and 2. it's certainly not my place to say whether someone does not or does not deserve his work's worth.

Thank you for picking up PTA. Don't let a minority of vocal kids (even if they aren't, their minds are childish) ruin a good deed. I really hope you can recuperate the amount you spent on it and make a profit because I know you will reinvest that back into the community somehow.

Is your gmail address still in use btw?

Cheers

Nizar

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, swiesma said:

@MattDavies The good thing: I will buy it instant today after work. The bad thing: I have to take our dog for a walk first :-(

:biggrin:

" One day I'll fly away .. "

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

First, a word of support for the embattled Matt... Keep up the good work! "Don't let the b*st*rds grind you down" was one of the most valuable bits of advice I was given back in the day...

Second, a question. Does this work in VR (Rift CV1 in my case)?

Many thanks

All the best

Andy

i7-8086k OC @ 5GHz, 64Gb RAM,
GTX 1080ti 11Gb GPU, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.