Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for Prepar3d v4 Released

11 hours ago, B777ER said:

I was just wondering if Adams presets would work in it. I have one pig hood dialed in perfectly in P3DV3. 

According to information on Matt's website, previous P3Dv3 presets are "partially" compatible with the new PTA version. What I'm actually doing is copying all the tweaks from one PTA version to the other to re-create those previous presets.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Trried to buy PTA. But unable  to complete the purchase,

Not possible to pay with Pay Pall.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

Hi Matt,

As others have stated you should try to ignore the negativity surrounding this issue. What really matters is the huge positive support you are receiving from the rest of our Community. We should never allow a few misguided souls to spoil the party. We must respect Yuri's decision and applaud your willingness to step up to the plate.

Now, regarding PTA v2.5. I'm a huge fan of Adam's Presets and, as you will know, their proper functioning relied on his recommended choice of Sky Textures. Is this still the case?  I confess I am one of those who have, to date,  been reluctant to do much manual tweaking in PTA. Instead, I've preferred to leave such matters to those stalwarts, like Adam, who know what they are doing and, quite clearly, have laboured long and hard to produce such extraordinary results. I suppose it will be argued that too much reliance on a fixed set of textures denies any dynamic changes such as might occur while flying with AS/ASCA. However, in my case, using a fixed set along with Adam's 21.11 Preset in Prepar3D v3.4 delivered in spades under a wide range of changing circumstances, so the incentive to modify this approach did not exist.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, edpatino said:

Excellent news. We wanted PTA for P3Dv4 and now we have it. It's ok for me to pay for it to get this utility now and to help to make it better and better.

Cheers, Ed

I'm trying to pay using Pay Pal and all that I see is the Pay Pal window apparently only able to process a payment for projectFLY (Makes me think I wouldn't be actually purchasing PTA). Could anyone clarify?.

Have the same problem, today tried several times without success.

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

It is not only paypal, I get the same error when not using paypal.

Jeff

Jeff

😀

Are there any video's or youtube links floating about of PTA v2.5 to see what it looks like compared to P3D v4 with or without orbx scenery?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

11 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

No one said he didn't have rights to charge for it. It's asinine thst someone actually paid 5 figures for something like that though. It's almost laughable that he thought it was worth that much and it's even more laughable that someone  agreed with him.

THis hobby has become a racket.

Yes, well said... I'm sure your time is probably worth much much less...

Yes, I too experienced a problem while trying to use PayPal (normally my preferred choice). Instead, I used my CC and all proceeded uneventfully thereafter.

Mike

Matt,

I do want to say thank you for purchasing the rights To the PTA tool and making it available to us for p3d v4. Don't pay attention to the haters. I will be purchasing it as soon as I can get my payment to go through. I might use simmarket instead. I would like to buy directly from simtweaks but I am not sure what is going on with the payment process. Don't let the haters ruin it for everybody else. You have my support.

Jeff

Jeff

😀

Hi,

can't wait to purchase it .

By the way also the support looks promising: I sent a mail to Matt asking for more info and I got the answer back in less than 10 minutes.

Joe

6 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Thanks for the kind words (not just from you, but everyone here) - yes it is still in use.

Yes, it will work in VR :)

You didn't have to do that, but thank you - it's hugely appreciated. 

I'm in too.  I was going to wait to get until I'm fully into v4 because I'm still waiting for my tubeliners to roll out.  After all the grief you went through to give this to the community, It's the least I can do I suppose.  Thanks for this Matt.  

I got PTA and WOW, what a difference it makes in v4. I was able to darken shadows on the ground and increase the brightness of the terrain and it looks stunning. I was also able to darken shadows in the cockpit and that looks great too. 

Off to trying more settings.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

How to fix that ?

Applying preset E:\PTA 2.50\URP v1.0 Prologue.ini...
   Applying [Reduce cloud brightness at dawn/dusk/night] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Reduce cloud brightness at dawn/dusk/night]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Clouds shadows extended size] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Clouds shadows extended size]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Alternate lighting for clouds groups] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Alternate lighting for clouds groups]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Clouds lighting tuning] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Clouds lighting tuning]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Clouds saturation] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Clouds saturation]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Clouds light scattering] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Clouds light scattering]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Clouds Fog tuning] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Clouds Fog tuning]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Reduce top layer cirrus clouds brightness at dawn/dusk/night] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Reduce top layer cirrus clouds brightness at dawn/dusk/night]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Cirrus lighting] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Cirrus lighting]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Objects lighting] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Objects lighting]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Aircraft lighting & saturation] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Aircraft lighting & saturation]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Autogen emissive lighting] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Autogen emissive lighting]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Terrain lighting] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Terrain lighting]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Urban areas lighting at night] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Urban areas lighting at night]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Terrain saturation] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Terrain saturation]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Water surface tuning] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Water surface tuning]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Waves size] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
ERROR applying tweak [Waves size]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Rayleigh scattering effect] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
ERROR applying tweak [Rayleigh scattering effect]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Haze effect] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
ERROR applying tweak [Haze effect]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
ERROR applying tweak [Turn off HDR luminance adaptation effect]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Alternate tonemap adjustment] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
ERROR applying tweak [Alternate tonemap adjustment]  Problem with patch #0 - Null original block.
   Applying [Custom post-processing] to E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl
         Activating post-process [DPX]
         Activating post-process [Sepia]
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

With luck, Adam, thopat and others will charge for the presets too.
This program is using some work from other developers and they deliver for free.
No one works for free, right?
At least I hope the PTA has some good presets included.

2 hours ago, Jac_49 said:

Have the same problem, today tried several times without success.

I finally was able to purchase it. You should press the PayPal button on the purchasing interface, and then login into your PayPal account. Once you're into your PayPal account let the PTA page to update-reload and you'll be able to purchase the software.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.