PTA released

Got it!

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

screenshots page doesn't work

I have to say I don't like the fact you cant see what the charge is without signing up..

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

The Simtweaks site wouldn't let me register which you have to do in order to purchase.....I think it will be on SimMarket as well at some point.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Going to get it as soon as I am home from work. So glad PTA is available for v4 and looking forward to how it will continue to evolve.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

My sim is already looking perfect with URP 1.1 (which is free btw.) - I don't see the point why I should pay around 17$ for a tool, which was available for free before.

Buying a freeware tool, working for a couple of days to change the code a bit here and there and selling it for that amount of money, that will not work!

I will closely follow the ongoing development, however currently I don't want to support it.

I'm not saying the tool itself isn't worth the money! It absolutely is and I regret the original dev didn't charge some bucks for it. It's more about Matt Davies's business practice particulary in this case.

• Upvote 2

Regards, Sebastian

So did the original author make it payware now or who is offering this? 

Hans

well i presume so, they say there are a couple of dev's involved with the package on the website

3 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Fly_edds answered above, Matt Davies bought the source code as the original developer didn't want to continue, so I believe Matt paid the asking price of £10,000.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

4 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

The original author (Yuri - Knossis) sold it to the current author Matt Davies for a large sum. Matt has created a v4 version, which is more work than just an installer because many of the underlying files in P3D v4 have changed. This v4 version will also receive a bunch of new features as both the P3D and PTA products evolve.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I wish it would have gone open-source instead. It would have been a great freeware contribution. But that's Yuri's prerogative.

• Upvote 3

Just now, AviatorMoser said:

I wish it would have gone open-source instead. It would have been a great freeware contribution. But that's Yuri's prerogative.

I too would have loved to have seen Yuri donate the source code to the community, but that was his choice to make to sell it, which he did. I would have likely done the same. After all Yuri put a lot of work into that application and we should all be very appreciative, but it just was not worth putting in so much effort for so few donations.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

There is a very long history of freeware to payware in Flight Sim.  I think its worth it given the impact on the sim and also that you know it works properly with v4.  Keep in mind that on each update of P3D this tool needs an update so long term its a solid purchase.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000