Sign in to follow this  
kurtb

PTA released

Could just be me, but is anyone else finding they have to re-active if they close and reopen the software?

This is excellent news.  I am glad someone bought this out.  Unlike some developers out in the sim world who just let their product die without selling it (it is leaving free money on the table).  There are 2 big recent players who just closed shop.  Not naming on this thread as this about PTA.

Super excited about the new PTA release.  Looking forward on seeing its updates and advancement.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I have not used this before.  It seems that that will all of the other add ons and then this, I'd spend more time more time tweaking that flying.  Is it easier to use than it looks?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

55 minutes ago, MartinHannon said:

Could just be me, but is anyone else finding they have to re-active if they close and reopen the software?

Sorry to hear about your problem, I don't have that issue.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

28 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I have not used this before.  It seems that that will all of the other add ons and then this, I'd spend more time more time tweaking that flying.  Is it easier to use than it looks?

There are a number of presets done by others that you can just import (see the PTA forum here at AVsim) or yes, you can spend hours tweaking things to your liking:laugh:.  I have been using a profile done by Thopat and I tweaked just a few small things and it works great for me.  There is a thread for that as well in the PTA forum.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

screenshots page doesn't work

I have to say I don't like the fact you cant see what the charge is without signing up..

Right click the image and open it in a new tab/window. Works fine and the UI is really no different than what you've already seen previously. 

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

screenshots page doesn't work

I have to say I don't like the fact you cant see what the charge is without signing up..

Right click the image and open it in a new tab/window. Works fine and the UI is really no different than what you've already seen previously. 

32 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

The exact purpose for this tool is to reduce tweaking. It provides an interface that makes the changes to underlying files for you. That way the user does not have to open files, make changes manually, and see how it goes. Plus it adds a lot of tweaks the most users would have no idea how to do anyway.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Ah... the ever ongoing complaints that something once free isn't free anymore.

Someone invested a hefty sum for the source-code. It's only fair to recoup the investment. So buy it, or don't. But stop ######ing about it.

12 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

There are a number of presets done by others that you can just import (see the PTA forum here at AVsim) or yes, you can spend hours tweaking things to your liking:laugh:.  I have been using a profile done by Thopat and I tweaked just a few small things and it works great for me.  There is a thread for that as well in the PTA forum.

Good information - thanks!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Matt said in a stream he paid 5 figures for it £10,000 or more. :blink: He needs 666 sales to break even. 

Great of him to do it, sure it will pay off big time.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

they must be getting slammed, payment system doesn't work, tried 5 times. (yeah, it's probably just me doing the spamming)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

So jimcarrel,

You are the reason my order is not going through. GRRRR

Jeff:laugh:

Jeff

😀

Fore some reason none of the tweaks are working for me, I also have urp v1.1 installed, do I need to remove this to use pta?

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero