Sign in to follow this  
jd

must have addons

Guest martin842

Alex, see:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...util&DLID=551251. Controllers and AI pilots speak faster, which both sounds more realistic and allows for handling of higher volumes of AI.2. You can opt to use international (rather than FAA) phraseology.3. It somehow introduces an element of randomness to controllers' and AI pilots' responses, so that they don't always say the same thing.4. All this with a few clicks of a button.Try it, and see.Martin

Guest bobsk8

>Alex, see:>>http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...util&DLID=55125>>1. Controllers and AI pilots speak faster, which both sounds>more realistic and allows for handling of higher volumes of>AI.>>2. You can opt to use international (rather than FAA)>phraseology.>>3. It somehow introduces an element of randomness to>controllers' and AI pilots' responses, so that they don't>always say the same thing.>>4. All this with a few clicks of a button.>>Try it, and see.>>Martin>The Controllers may talk faster, but most of it is really bad ATC simulation and is awful if you want to try and fly realistic IFR.

Edam:Now that's an interesting perspective.I'm not sure that I follow. If Jim and perhaps thousands of others believe that it is one of the best add-on, why shouldn't he post? I don't think that he was hiding the fact that he is part of the team.If somone should ask what is the best automobile and the CEO of BMW said "BMW", that would be a sin?The poster can certainly discard any "biased" opinions he wants. But don't we all have biases? I noticed that you seem to have one against software vendors and their opinions.If you don't own ASVI, then you are entitled to no opinion at all about its value. If you DO own it, then you obviously know how truly great an add-on it is and are trying to rattle Jim's chain. Uh, you aren't by any chance trolling, are you? ;-)For what it's worth,Wilson

Guest jerrycwo4

I see that you have Boston V2 and do NOT have Ultimate Terrain. Does this mean that you do NOT have a "flashing" of the taxiway textures with this combo? I had UT and when I installed Boston v2 I had the flashing when proceeding down the taxiway (not the runway) I uninstalled the Boston v2 and went back to the default version and the "flashing stopped? jerrycwo4

Guest jerrycwo4

My latest addon was Radar Contact4 and I must say it is the BEST add on since I bought Flight Deck Companion. FSX is a year off... dont wait.. your cheating your self out of one of the BEST addons ever. I too, thought that the default FS2004 ATC was good enough. Not any more. Well, maybe for local VRF, but deffiniatly NOT for the big airlines on IFR. Buy RC4 and you'll never go back to default ATC again. There are SO MANY plusses that it would take an hour to list them. Yea, I love it. jerrycwo4I too had heard about the "robot" voices, but it turned out NOT to be a problem... the just have better diction and talk a little slower than default. Believe me, after 5 - 10 flight, you'll never know the differance !!

Guest SU531

Hi!If AI Traffic is a good Add-On for you I can recommend U Traffic more like an utility program to reproduce your own traffic.I reassigned almost all available aircraft in their data baseand now I have most real civilian traffic for MSFS.I don`t like Real Live Traffic .They are monitoring only US and Canada and I`m in Jakarta right now.And don`t forget about Military.There is a lot of traffic right now in the Middle East.MarkFX-55Going ATI X1900XT

currently there are 14 pilots to choose from. you can choose 1 of those 14 as your co-pilotthere are 20 controller sets.jd

Hi Alex,FYI, FS2Crew and FSPassengers are very different products that do very different things.A lot of people use them together to get the total experience.FS2Crew focuses on in depth crew interaction (ground, cabin and flight) in as much detail as possible. FSPax does a little bit of that, but mainly focuses on the airline management side of things.Very different products entirely. But they do compliment one another quite well.Cheers,Bryan

i'm waiting for a few more reports from the volunteers (outside the beta testers) that have tried it.maybe next fridayjd