Sign in to follow this  
ronnay

p3d v 4 blurry textures

hello all, sorry for that many questions that a post on this forum, but i need some answers..

ive recently purchased p3d v 4 and i think its great! really love it. there is only one problem. My textures are pretty bad and im not sure how to fix this. for example i cannot see the letters on the instruments of the pmdg 747. also, i cannot see the 3d grass at flytampa amsterdam. (at fsx i could and i know you can in p3d v 4 because ive seen it in videos) 

are there any tweaks to improve the textures in the sim like at fsx you could? 

ive posted already at the p3d forum on there website but i did not get an answer yet back

thx for all the help!

Post your system specs and help will come your way.

3d grass might be an incompatibility issue with the latest sim and older version animations not working.  However, your system should not have any issues with resolution on the PMDG panel...any other texture issues or just the 747?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

3D Grass!  Is that included by default in P3D v4?  Or do you need an addon for that.

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

flytampa's version is likely a different model as per OPs original post.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

If it's cockpit textures too, then it's not about texture loading.

Gotta be FXAA or you simply not having a high enough AA setting.

7 minutes ago, bonchie said:

If it's cockpit textures too, then it's not about texture loading.

Gotta be FXAA or you simply not having a high enough AA setting.

Cockpit texture to. So if i understand, i need to turn off FXAA and use the higest AA setting? 

Are my settings maybe to high? Or is that not a problem?

40 minutes ago, Gridley said:

3d grass might be an incompatibility issue with the latest sim and older version animations not working.  However, your system should not have any issues with resolution on the PMDG panel...any other texture issues or just the 747?

Yes, when im taking-off its blurry.. :(

i use 2x ssaa ,no fxaa and 16x AF.2048 textures.vsync on with triple buffering also on.try that

steve

• Upvote 1

FXAA is almost certainly the cause of this, you don't need it enabled if you are able to run MSAA 4 or higher IMHO. FXAA is a shader which basically blurs everything, giving the effect of cheap anti-aliasing. It's generally used IF you are unable to get decent performance with proper AA, not in addition to it. FXAA will degrade all textures in effect.

Use MSAA instead of SSAA for better FPS. Also put Tessellation slider max to the right to avoid slow loading of ground textures tiles.

Mike

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Mikelab6 said:

Use MSAA instead of SSAA for better FPS. Also put Tessellation slider max to the right to avoid slow loading of ground textures tiles.

Mike

7 hours ago, BusheFlyer said:

FXAA is almost certainly the cause of this, you don't need it enabled if you are able to run MSAA 4 or higher IMHO. FXAA is a shader which basically blurs everything, giving the effect of cheap anti-aliasing. It's generally used IF you are unable to get decent performance with proper AA, not in addition to it. FXAA will degrade all textures in effect.

Thx for the advice. I will trie youre suggestions and see what will hapen!

Ronnay

Do i have to put VSync on or off? Also, for the texture filtering, do i have to put it on anisotropic 16x? I have the AA at 8xSSAA