Sign in to follow this  
ronnay

p3d v 4 blurry textures

SSAA is quite expensive, so if your machine can handle that without bringing your pc to a crawl then sure. Also yes to the 16x. Blurry you mean the standard ground blurries at distance before textures load in?

I added:

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Because I was having the same issue no matter what the graphical settings were.

Now I have no blurriness, no stutters, and acceptable FPS with very high settings.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, pracines said:

I added:

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Because I was having the same issue no matter what the graphical settings were.

Now I have no blurriness, no stutters, and acceptable FPS with very high settings.

Adding that is simply a waste of time.

With no FFTF added in the config the default is 0.33 you only add it when you want to set a lower setting.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Adding that is simply a waste of time.

With no FFTF added in the config the default is 0.33 you only add it when you want to set a lower setting.

One has to wonder why developers want dxdiag's and config settings and the like when submitting bug reports or issues. Every system is different, right? There has been several wonderful and complex attempts to help Ronnay. When I saw blurry textures in V4 I thought I would be sure the problem was solved, it was not. 

I guess you did not understand. I had blurries, now I do not.

I did the same thing with DTG Flight School months ago - very blurry and I had to add: 

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.89 <<<< MUCH higher % and no effect on FPS or stutters for my system/setup. It should affect FPS/stutters somewhat, but on my system it does not. 

to totally get rid of the blurriness. That did the trick.

Besides, nothing else seems to have helped Ronnay - what harm would it do to try? Total time: 15-30 seconds to add it, and some time to test it. 

If Ronnay is not helped by this then its easily removed, if by chance it does help him like me, then great.

The deep technicalities behind this setting are unimportant to me. I understood Mr. Taylors explanation of this setting just fine years ago. As long as it does what I need it to, and it does, I'm good. Maybe it will have no affect on my next system, who knows.   

23 hours ago, ronnay said:

hello all, sorry for that many questions that a post on this forum, but i need some answers..

ive recently purchased p3d v 4 and i think its great! really love it. there is only one problem. My textures are pretty bad and im not sure how to fix this. for example i cannot see the letters on the instruments of the pmdg 747. also, i cannot see the 3d grass at flytampa amsterdam. (at fsx i could and i know you can in p3d v 4 because ive seen it in videos) 

are there any tweaks to improve the textures in the sim like at fsx you could? 

ive posted already at the p3d forum on there website but i did not get an answer yet back

thx for all the help!

Do you have dynamic 3d autogen turned on?

André

27 minutes ago, pracines said:

Ronnay is not helped by this then its easily removed, if by chance it does help him like me, then great.  ....what harm would it do to try?

I know you're trying to help but its the default setting its pointless adding it. All you doing is telling him to add something that is already there you just cannot see it my default. Doesn't matter how long it takes its completely pointless.

FSX used .33 as default and so has P3D. I have never in 10 years seen anyone use 0.89, OMG!..0.89 lol

Ronney you mind find this  useful ?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm wondering if we are absolutely positive the default FFTF % was not lowered significantly due to the commonality of multi core processors and for performance increases. But the rise in autogen complexity increases the need for the original 33%. Just a thought, because I have no idea.

Long ago FFTF was said to be unnecessary with multi core PC's  https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ptaylor/2007/05/11/tweak-of-the-week/

Andre's idea was good, I personally had to turn off speed trees because of the FPS hit, so I was blurry w/o speed trees myself. But this may be a factor for Ronnay's setup.

I Will try the fiber time frame fraction tweak and Will See What Will happen. Also, I'm going to watch the video! Thx for all the help and support. Really appreciate it!

• Upvote 1

Is there a way I can put my screenshots in the forum? So I can show you.

I'm getting crystal clear ground textures over ORBX South Cali:  Changed these 2 settings in the config:

[DISPLAY]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=7.500000

Note LOD only can be set to 6,5 through the UI.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I'm getting crystal clear ground textures over ORBX South Cali:  Changed these 2 settings in the config:

[DISPLAY]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=7.500000

Note LOD only can be set to 6,5 through the UI.

Regards

bs

ill try that out. thx a lot

I get those blurry ground textures also.  My comment was about at altitude.  The red lettering blurries are due to not setting ansio to 16x.Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I have the same problem on my system

CPU i7-7700k oc 4,6 (mult. 46,0 x 100MHz)   Noctua NH-D14 cooler
GPU MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G V330-001R
MotherBoard: MSI H270 Gaming Pro Carbon Intel H270 So.1151 Dual Channel
RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM CL15 Dual Kit
PSU Corsair CX750M
SSD 1000GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5"

I have try to reinstall P3D v4, but it's the same

P3D v3.4.22 works perfect on the same computer

2017-611.jpg