Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

How to "install" MyTraffic into V4 - xml method

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

not sure if this is the right place or if this has been addressed already:

Here is a quick way how to get MT6 into P3D V4, assuming that you have installed MyTraffic into its default location "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic"

1. Create a folder: "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6"
2. In that folder you create an "add-on.xml" file like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Sound</Category>
<Path>Content\Sound</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Take care that this file is indeed UTF-8 - use something like Notepad++ to create it

The add-on.xml file ends up here:
 "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6\add-on.xml"

3. It is not necessary to do this step, but it avoids content errors:
- Create another subfolder "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6\Content\Sound"
- Find this file: "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\B738MX\soundai\bmflaps.wav" and copy it into the "\Sound" folder that you created

That's it.

btw: to disable default traffic do it the usual way: rename "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl" to "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.off".

Best regards

Just wanted to say this process works flawlessly

Thank You So Much!

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I found it much easier than the manual method. So far I'm liking the add-on.xml approach.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

On 03/06/2017 at 3:16 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

Here is a quick way how to get MT6 into P3D V4, assuming that you have installed MyTraffic into its default location "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic"

<AddOn.Component>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Take care that this file is indeed UTF-8 - use something like Notepad++ to create it

- Create another subfolder "\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic6\Content\Sound"
- Find this file: "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\B738MX\soundai\bmflaps.wav" and copy it into the "\Sound" folder that you created

That's it.

btw: to disable default traffic do it the usual way: rename "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl" to "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.off".

Best regards

Thank you, that was so easy. I have never used P3D before, the 64 bit was the game changer to walk away from thousands of dollars invested in FSX (and I still used boxed Delux).

A question if you know the answer, this method has fixed MyTraffic at the top of the scenery library and it is inhibited like a number of default scenery in that you can't move it. MyTraffic has always supposed to sit just one above the Global Generic Vehicles line, but you are not able to move it with this methodology.

Does priority ordering not matter in v4? 

It is working wonderfully.

Regards,

Mark

42 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

Thank you, that was so easy. I have never used P3D before, the 64 bit was the game changer to walk away from thousands of dollars invested in FSX (and I still used boxed Delux).

A question if you know the answer, this method has fixed MyTraffic at the top of the scenery library and it is inhibited like a number of default scenery in that you can't move it. MyTraffic has always supposed to sit just one above the Global Generic Vehicles line, but you are not able to move it with this methodology.

Does priority ordering not matter in v4? 

It is working wonderfully.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I made a freeware tool that helps manaing this. Please check the sticky thread on top of this forum about that.

Generally speaking, you can change scenery priority fairly easily, but it gets confusing when there are more and more of those XML files.

In the example above, adding a layer tag like this keeps MT6 right on top of the default scenery. Everything that is installed at a later date will end up above it (unless you expicitly set a Layer of 127 or lower for the new content too).

<AddOn.Component>
<Layer>127</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

Best regards

LORBY-SI

10 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi Mark,

I made a freeware tool that helps manaing this. Please check the sticky thread on top of this forum about that.

Generally speaking, you can change scenery priority fairly easily, but it gets confusing when there are more and more of those XML files.

In the example above, adding a layer tag like this keeps MT6 right on top of the default scenery. Everything that is installed at a later date will end up above it (unless you expicitly set a Layer of 127 or lower for the new content too).

<AddOn.Component>
<Layer>127</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

Best regards

Thank you so much, that worked well. It took a few goes to get it into the right position but I eventually worked out that you count from the bottom up to find the line number, not from the top down! 

That, and finding the right settings that have eliminated shimmering with zero impact on performance has made it a pleasant morning. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mark

Hello @ll,

<AddOn.Component>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

That's it.

Best regards

As stated previously this method works great except it places the MT6 file at the top of the scenery library which can't be moved within P3Dv4 as it is grayed out. The easiest fix is to add a location placement line to the xml file high lighted in bold below. I just added it using notepad++ and saved it and after starting P3Dv4 all is good. Level 114 seems to be the most common location as of now, I believe a higher number will move it up as this is a bottoms up insertion.

<AddOn.Component>

</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>

<Layer>114</Layer>

<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>

</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>

</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

Joe

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Hello @ll,

<AddOn.Component>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

That's it.

Best regards

As stated previously this method works great except it places the MT6 file at the top of the scenery library which can't be moved within P3Dv4 as it is grayed out. The easiest fix is to add a location placement line to the xml file high lighted in bold below. I just added it using notepad++ and saved it and after starting P3Dv4 all is good. Level 114 seems to be the most common location as of now, I believe a higher number will move it up as this is a bottoms up insertion.

<AddOn.Component>

</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>

<Layer>114</Layer>

<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>

</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>

</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

Joe

I can't for the life of me to get this to work, am I using the default P3DV4 addon folder in My Documents that was created when P3DV4 was installed? I create a sub folder inside the addon folder and name it MyTraffic6, copy the xml text to the text document that I've created inside of the MyTraffic6 folder, MyTraffic6 is installed in is default location, when I fire up P3D and choose menu, options, addons there's nothing there, what have I missed?

Cheers Rod.

30 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

I can't for the life of me to get this to work, am I using the default P3DV4 addon folder in My Documents that was created when P3DV4 was installed? I create a sub folder inside the addon folder and name it MyTraffic6, copy the xml text to the text document that I've created inside of the MyTraffic6 folder, MyTraffic6 is installed in is default location, when I fire up P3D and choose menu, options, addons there's nothing there, what have I missed?

Cheers Rod.

Could it be that your XML file is not encoded in UTF-8? How did you create it?

Did you configure MT6 itself previously (=create the flightplans) or is this a new installation?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

33 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Cheers Rod.

When you launched P3D did it ask you if you wanted to accept this add-on?

Did you copy the text I posted into a new file using Notepad or better yet Notepad++ and save it from that editor?

Are you sure the path in the add-on.xml file you created matches exactly to where your install of MT6 is?

Joe

Thanks guy's, I've had MT6 installed for P3DV3 for a long time so not a new install, yep it is coded with UTF-8, and no P3DV4 does not ask me if I want to accept this addon, yep I copied your test Joe using Notepad++ and saved it from that editor and yep the path is correct, so I'm at a loss at the moment but never give up.

Cheers Rod.

Look really close at the xml text etc that you copied. Even one little "." out of place will trash the file. Do you have the proper syntax in your path. Sometimes the eyes can play tricks and you'll see a ":" because you expect to.

The thing is, it DOES work so your job is to get YOUR system to understand that!  :laugh:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello Rod,

You are sure you have spelt the file correctly  add-on.xml    

Copy and the content of your add-on.xml file and Paste it into your next post and we will have a peep at it