Sign in to follow this  
gamer19

Drzewiecki Design Grass for P3D v4 is out

Anyone using it yet ?

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=design+grass&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View

They now fully compatible with v4 and they have just released it !

I wonder if there's any performance hit with those giant 4096x4096 textures set ? =)

LM is still holding to, many generations old, 128x128 textures for grass. Maybe they could make a turn there too.

I mean since they already done it with rain and snow effects, this would be much smaller step so I wondering ...how did they missed it ?

If we already have FTX Global, openLC NA, Rex Textures, won't those overwrite the DD grass textures?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Depends which one you install first. :ha:

And I believe... no other ORBX, REX or whatsoever are provide 4096x4096 textures for grass.

Not that I'm saying we really need them thou... :laugh:

Let me know when NYC V2 is out for P4D V4. Now that would be news worthy:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Avidean said:

Let me know when NYC V2 is out for P4D V4. Now that would be news worthy:biggrin:

You can use it now. Ive been flying in and out of NYC LGA flying over the city the entire week. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

15 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

You can use it now. Ive been flying in and out of NYC LGA flying over the city the entire week. 

Yeah, I guess I could shoehorn it in there but I prefer to wait for the official V4 installer. I am afraid of screwing things up,:biggrin:

Installed the DD grass textures... not sure when or where I'll see them since I have FTX Global and openLC installed.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

26 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Yeah, I guess I could shoehorn it in there but I prefer to wait for the official V4 installer. I am afraid of screwing things up,:biggrin:

Mine works fine in P3Dv4 too, using a simple create a folder for it then add the folder to the Scenery Library using the Scenery Library GUI interface.  The scenery gets added to BOTH the Scenery Library list (and CAN be moverd up or down priority-wise in the list using the GUI buttons), AND it also gets added to the Scenery.CFG file too.

The new "XML Install Method" (or whatever someone wants to call it) may add the scenery to the Scenery Library list, but you CAN'T do ANYTHING with it after it is there.  Can't "Edit", Delete", or "Move Up/Down" priority-wise.  It will just sit in the Scenery Library list greyed out at the top of everything else (until another XML-added addon gets put ABOVE it in the list, and you can't do anything with THAT one either). 

The "official V4 XML Install Method" is what is "screwing things up" for now.  If EVERY addon was installed using that method, you might as well just get rid of the entire Scenery Library GUI.  Nothing could be done to prioritize your Scenery Library entries, edit them, or do ANYTHING with them using the GUI.

Why on earth did LM think nobody would want or NEED to be able to prioritize scenery without having to resort to manually editing an XML file for EVERY scenery item that got added to their sim?  Plus...unless I'm missing something...I would have to in many situations edit EVERY XML file "Layer Number" every time I installed a new scenery if I wanted to re-prioritize them, or end up with duplicate layer numbers, which I don't think the sim would play nice with.

I have no problem with using an XML-based scenery addon system...IF it will list the darn sceneries in the Scenery Library in a way I CAN use the darn GUI buttons to manage their priority, etc.  You can't just keep throwing new scenery items at the TOP of the Scenery Library and hope you won't have "layering conflicts" eventually.  The DEFAULT Scenery Library GUI should allow you to manage your scenery items without having to use a third-party utility.  A third-party utility should be an OPTIONAL way to do it, not a "fix" for the default program to begin with.

• Upvote 2

Rick Ryan

All it replaces is the detail1.bmp file. It's basically a bump map file. Gives all ground textures a grass like appearance.