Sign in to follow this  
Wild_South

My First YouTube Video: PMDG Boeing 777 Tutorial! | Startup & Taxi |

Wild_South,

It may just be my computer set up, but, the audio in that was lousy (for me) to say the least. It sounded like you were trying to speak in upper case braille whilst under about 16 feet of water. I hope sincerely that it is just my system and that everybody else was able to enjoy it.

I am not being nasty or unnecessarily critical and, if it is relevant, I hope that because it was your first effort, you will take it as constructive. A pity really, because the video quality was good and I was looking forward to watching the subject matter.

Robert R will probably kill me for this, but I wonder if it is practical and I emphasize, practical, for any tutorial videos to be submitted to PMDG for vetting.  I say this because many tutorials do NOT follow manuals and/or procedures as set out by the software maker. I am NOT experienced enough to state whether or not the video tutorials are in fact based on procedures followed by individual airlines so I may well be barking up the wrong tree. 

It would however, be interesting to hear what PMDG and other producers think of this as I believe it is an avenue to ensure that the content does not reflect badly on either the submitter nor the software developer.  

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

It think the audio level of the sim environment, especially on the external views was a little high compared to your voice. Having said that, your video was extremely interesting, given that you fly the real beasts for a living. You made it clear when you were referring to your charts off screen and from a layman's point of view I could follow what you were doing. A nice touch when you refer to things that your company does which may be different to other airlines.

Please consider releasing more videos. 

I need to buy PMDG's 777 rather than the freeware t7s I currently use although the panel I use does have some functionality!

Thanks.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

6 hours ago, HighBypass said:

It think the audio level of the sim environment, especially on the external views was a little high compared to your voice. Having said that, your video was extremely interesting, given that you fly the real beasts for a living. You made it clear when you were referring to your charts off screen and from a layman's point of view I could follow what you were doing. A nice touch when you refer to things that your company does which may be different to other airlines.

Please consider releasing more videos. 

I need to buy PMDG's 777 rather than the freeware t7s I currently use although the panel I use does have some functionality!

Thanks.

Thank you kindly Mark!

Much appreciated. I will release some more, after fixing my sound levels.

Thank you for the feedback guys

Wild South,

I have just watched and downloaded your first video on another computer and have to acknowledge that the problem was my computer so I unreservedly withdraw my comments and apologise if I have offended you in any way. My bad TOTALLY.

I also followed up and downloaded your second effort and I thank you for that too.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.