Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

No Gate Information Anymore

Hey Dave,

I have flown to about a dozen airports now over the last week with the lastest version and I am noticing that none of them have any gate information available anymore.    Where exactly does P2A get it's gate information from?  Is it all internal databases?   I use to have gates I could request taxi too.  I would click the airport waypoint, click info and click on gates, select the gate I wanted and then speak it.    Since the newest version now I have no gate information for any airport and some airports like KMDW-Chicago Midway don't even taxi you to the terminal area for the default Gate 1.   They just give me weird instructions that take me back and forth across the runways and the tower keeps telling me stay on frequency for further instructions.  I never get handed off to ground to get taxi instructions to the gate.   It only happens at KMDW though, so far.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Brian,

I haven't flown with this latest release but I just checked and I have the same thing. No gates listed for FSDT KCLT.

NAX669.png

Thanks for the reports.  I have been able to duplicate the problem and will work on a fix for the next update.

Dave

Most definitely a Navigraph problem. I just ran the NavDataPro installer for P2A and all of the gate assignments are there.

NAX669.png

Since the AIRAC data may not include Gate information for certain airports, I have modified P2A to at least give the gates it has in the static Taxi database, if the Gates information is not in the AIRAC database.

This will allow you to rename/add gates in the Taxi Maintenance window if you so desire.  This will be available in version 2.2.1.5.

Hi everyone

I have navigraph subscription and have updates my nav data, but I am not able to find gate information for KTPA when using the FMC.  This is the first place that I've seen where the problem has been reported, but from reading the posts I am unable to resolve the problem.

PDMG 737-800/P3D v4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Not all data providers include gate information.

There is an option on the ATC Settings tab of Config to Ignore AIRAC Gate Information.  This allows the program to use the gate information from the default data.  Check this option and you should be OK again. 

In the upcoming release, there will be an import facility that lets you import gate and taxiway data from your SIM Scenery. 

Dave

• Upvote 1

Dave,

I downloaded and installed version 2.3.0.0 and am not seeing this option under Config-> ATC.

Do I need to update? How best to do that with registered version?

Thanks for a great piece of software!

That option is no longer available.  Gate information ignores AIRAC data now, and you can import or edit the gate data for your installation using the Taxi Mnt screen.  That button is to the right of the Flight Plan.

Dave

4 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That option is no longer available.  Gate information ignores AIRAC data now, and you can import or edit the gate data for your installation using the Taxi Mnt screen.  That button is to the right of the Flight Plan.

Dave

Thanks. I have been using the Taxi Mnt tool a lot to fix up the taxi ways. Will start a separate thread about my gate issue.