Sign in to follow this  
azafar

FSX:SE on Intel HD Graphics 620

I just wanted to let people know I just tried FSX-SE on Intel HD Graphics 620 on a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop (i7-7500U, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 256 GB SSD) and I am immensely surprised and impressed with the performance! I am routinely getting 45-50 fps, many times 70+ fps, even 90+ fps in some areas. I run at 1280x720 resolution with ultra-high graphics settings and I have the FTX Gobal Basepack installed along with UK, AU and Pacific Northwest. I also have a Microsoft Surface Book with an Nvidia Geforce 940MX GPU with 1 GB dedicated RAM and the HD graphics performance beats or comes very close! The surface laptop was $2400+. Intel has come a LONG way since HD Graphics 4400 on my last laptop! So if you have a low-end integrated graphics laptop do give FSX-SE a try and you'll be impressed what it can do!

• Upvote 1

Nice to know the 7500U without dedicated graphics card can run it that well! Did you use any tweaks? I am buying an HP 15 laptop with the I7-7500U, 8 gigs RAM and a 1TB hard drive, I hope to get similar performance

Yup, I used to run FSX (the original boxed version) on a £300 Hewlett Packard Pavillion laptop years ago when off out on my travels and staying in hotels. It had 2Gb of RAM, built in graphics and an Intel Dual Core processor (one of the first dual core processors in fact) and I'll tell you how old it was, it came with Microsoft Vista OS installed, which was the current new Microsoft OS at the time I bought it.

It could run stuff like the A2A Boeing B17G Flying Fortress on high settings and get pretty good frame rates and it looked great too. This is why I'm never too convinced when people on here suggest that this or that PC will not run P3D or FSX on threads where people ask if a slightly less than fantastic PC will run things okay, because I know even that really rather old and basic HP Pavillion laptop managed it. Sure you might sometimes have to turn a few fancy options off, but it should not come as a surprise really that even a pretty mediocre PC these days can run an eleven year old program pretty well exactly because you don't need a fancy graphics card for it to run.

Even a three year old laptop is still eight years younger than FSX and one year younger than FSX-SE.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It's all about the CPU. FSX starts to purr above 3 GHz.

P.S: My laptop's 3GHz i7 6700HQ runs ArmA3 much better than my 4 GHz i5 4670k. Shows that clock speed isn't everything for applications other than FSX.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I ended up buying an i5, 8 gigs of RAM and one terabyte. I thought it was going to run awfully but I am getting solid 60 fps on medium high-medium low settings. Now, will it run like that with the PMDG 737, 747 and 777?