Sign in to follow this  
michimuc

Some strange behaviors in P3D V4

Hi all,

first of all congratulations to PMDG, the 747 is truly one of the best addons I ever had! It worked perfectly in P3D V3, but I have a few issues in P3D V4.

I wanted to do a flight out or EHAM with the KLM Livery, started the sim and loaded the panel state “short”. It loaded and worked fine for about one minute. Then the APU GEN1&2 became disconnected, although the APU was still running. The white AVAIL lights were also extinguished. It also didn’t provide bleed air. I turned it off and on again, but same thing. Worked for one minute and then I got the same errors. Any clues about that?

Another thing that happened, about 5-6h into the flight (with time compression 8x activated), I lost all information on the CPT Navigation Display. I had no waypoints shown any more, no ARPTs shown when selected, only the weather radar as well as the terrain worked. The ND on the right worked fine.

Furthermore I realized, that sometimes, in the FMC, the Vref speeds are not calculated (as well as the Stab Trim), although everything is setup correctly and the automatic calculation is active in the PMDG Menu.

Another thing I realized when trying to fly out of KLAX yesterday with British Airways Livery, Autostart for the engines did not work, I also have no idea why.

That’s all that happened to me so far, however not really reproducible. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not…

Has anyone else made similar observations?

Michael

Michael Hembera, EDDH

Hello Michael.

Did you copy any old start states from P3D? This won't work.

Can you specify the a/c livery registration - eg: D-XXXX for the aircraft you are having the issues with?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi Jude, 

no start states copied, did a complete uninstall of my P3D V3 installation including all files (I hope...) and installed it completely new in P3D V4. 

I tried several A/C:

PH-BFN

G-CIVX

D-ABVM

B-LIA

N901AR

3 hours ago, michimuc said:

Furthermore I realized, that sometimes, in the FMC, the Vref speeds are not calculated (as well as the Stab Trim), although everything is setup correctly and the automatic calculation is active in the PMDG Menu.

Based on this one, I'm going to guess that this might all be procedural. This one is usually due to people switching liveries and not realizing that certain aircraft come equipped with weight sensors. This shows on the PERF INIT page as a GW entry with a < next to the value. This means that you simply confirm it and move on, and do not have to hand-enter it. Since the boxes aren't shown, though, the vast majority of simmers miss the < to confirm the GW and accuse the plane of behaving improperly, when this is not the case.

3 hours ago, michimuc said:

Another thing I realized when trying to fly out of KLAX yesterday with British Airways Livery, Autostart for the engines did not work, I also have no idea why.

I don't recall BAW having/using autostart, but I could be incorrect. I'm not at my sim computer to check.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Based on this one, I'm going to guess that this might all be procedural. This one is usually due to people switching liveries and not realizing that certain aircraft come equipped with weight sensors. This shows on the PERF INIT page as a GW entry with a < next to the value. This means that you simply confirm it and move on, and do not have to hand-enter it. Since the boxes aren't shown, though, the vast majority of simmers miss the < to confirm the GW and accuse the plane of behaving improperly, when this is not the case.

I don't recall BAW having/using autostart, but I could be incorrect. I'm not at my sim computer to check.

All 57 BA -400s current and former were delivered with Autostart. 
Their SOP is starting 4&3 together and then 2&1.

You may be thinking of Cathay. The only RR -400 operator who ordered their aircraft without autostart. At one point they even considered reretrofitting autostart on the RR -400s. The ex-South African -400s, which were immediately converted to BCF's had autostart (as optioned by SA). The PW powered ex-SQ frames they took also lacked autostart. Plans were shelved with the announcement of first B77W order.

4 hours ago, calzonister said:

You may be thinking of Cathay.

Might just be thinking "ours" actually. I usually fly the PMDG liveries when I'm testing stuff unless I have a specific reason to test a specific livery.

Kyle Rodgers

Spoiler

great, thanks, didn't know about this weight sensor thing, but that's the solution...

Regarding the autostart, BAW does have it (and also the knob on the overhead panel), tried it again a few days ago and this time it did work, as mentioned, not really reproducible. 

I flew several legs with different aiccraft and had no issues, but today it happened again on the Qantas Livery: did the panel state "short" load, the APU was on and after approx. 1 minute it was still indicating "APU running" on the upper EICAS (and the APU starter knob was still on "ON"=, but on the lower EICAS it did not show any EGT, N1 etc.. Of course no bleed air, no electrical power etc., and also the APU inlet door was closed. Not sure what happens here.

Another question, I realized that there are some small differences in the flight decks compared to the real aircraft, at least for the Lufthansa one. I found some things in the Equipment menu (like the Taxi light which is not installed on the -400s), but for example the Anti Ice System (which is the automatic one on the LH aircraft), I did not find, same as the Cargo Temp selector switch and some other minor things. Is there any way to change these items? 

Thanks for your help,

Michael

1 hour ago, michimuc said:

Is there any way to change these items? 

Is there a way to change what is available in the equipment options?  No.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, michimuc said:

but for example the Anti Ice System (which is the automatic one on the LH aircraft), I did not find

Hi,

The choice is available, have a look at the intro manual p 0.00.87

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

found it, thanks...

however, I didn't find any choice of the weather radar? The Rockwell Collins WXR-2100 is simulated here, however I guess that most of the 744s still have the WXR-700 installed, or alternatively the Allied Signal (now Honeywell) WXR? Can I choose between these anywhere?

7 minutes ago, michimuc said:

Can I choose between these anywhere?

Nope.

Full names in the forum, too, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers