Sign in to follow this  
knightracing

VOR database errors Navigraph 1706

Just trying to do a flight across Canada today but there are a ton of missing Navigation points as I'm trying to make a flight plan. 

YQT, VBI, YBR, YXC...... they all come up with "unable to locate waypoint in database"

Edit: Seems to be a Canadian specific bug. These same types of waypoints are fine in the rest of the world including the U.S. None of the Canadian ones are in the database.

These same waypoints are fine in the FF777 using the same Navigraph airac cycle. 1706

p

There are definitely  problems with the initial AIRAC  1706 from Navigraph. Try updating to AIRAC 1706 revision 3.

Hey Jabloo. Ya, first thing I thought to do. I should have specified. Updated and rebooted afterwards. Airac 1706 rev3. Most Canadian VORs not in P2A database. They are all fine in Xplane and my FF777.

p

Dave, on further experimentation, I added a user defined waypoint based on your reply in my other post,  very close to Thunder Bay and then clicked on it to add an airway after it. The J500 showed up and the missing waypoints were selectable, including YQT, and are now in the flightplan. After adding the airway, I just deleted my user defined waypoint. Same is true for VLN and YXC and I assume all the other ones. 

They appear to be in the database but just can't be typed in as an "insert after" waypoint. That's where you get the error message.

p

The VORs don't show up on the map display. Check out the three in southern BC, YYJ, YVR and YPK. Just switch back and forth between any of the other map types and "hi" or "lo" for comparison. It's possible that it's a map display problem.

Upon further investigation with Dave's help we have discovered that the VORs are actually in the data Navigraph 1706rev3 but for some reason on my system they can't be input as a waypoint while flight planning. And there are lots of them that can't be entered. VBI, YXZ, YVO, YMT, YTS, YRL, YTS, YVO, VBS. Others like YWG, YHD, YMW and  YYU work just fine as do all U.S. or international VORs. It's a strange thing that we are still looking into. 

Try this if you are interested and let me know what you find. I copied this route off of Flightaware for Air Canada 103. I can use the FP Import button and it works fine.

cyyz AVSEP3 LITMO SSM YQT UDBOX BEVEL YXC 4930N/12000W BOOTH COLMB1 cyvr

But if I try to manually input this flight plan, after SSM I get "unable to locate waypoint in database" when I try to add YQT and after finding a workaround and getting to BEVEL I get the same error when I try to add YXC after BEVEL.

Very strange,

p

This problem has been solved. 

It seems in the automatic update from Navigraph, a bunch of Canadian ( could be somewhere else too, don't know ) VORs didn't have the frequency and name of the VOR attached to them. These could not be entered manually into a flightplan. They existed in Airways and would be included in flightplans if added that way they but showed up in the Flightplan window just by their 3 letter name. No frequency or Identifyer.

After downloading the Manual installer ( labelled as 1706v4, the automatic is still 1706v3 ) these VORs have the proper frequency and labelling attached and can be inputted manually using the wpt+ or Insert After/Before buttons. 

Back to the skies,

p

Thanks. I'm not sure that I understand. Does this Canadian VOR issue affect other Navigraph  downloads  or just P2ATC?

I'm going to be flying tonight back from CYVR to CYYZ. I didn't have a problem programming the FF777 with these "problem" waypoints from CYYZ to CYVR but I will make sure that some of them are in my flightplan on the way back and I'll check to see if they have the frequency to tune into with my VORs on the radio page or if the same problem exists that there is no data with them.

p

Seems the FF777 Navdata is fine. YQT had it's frequency to tune into on the radio page. Hopefully with the manual update for 1706rev4 having everything fixed this issue has gone away,

p