Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Is REX Texture Direct & Soft Clouds compatible with P3Dv4?

Any one knows?. They seem to be extremely silent about updating their products for P3Dv4.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

They have reported on their site that a patch is in development.

Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Any one knows?. They seem to be extremely silent about updating their products for P3Dv4.

Cheers, Ed

I just pointed REX to my v4 install location and installed my texture themes. Works just as well as in v3.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

i wouldn't do that ryan..evidently everything looks ok.but in certain conditions the clouds are going black..might mess you up when the patch is released.

just a heads up

steve

3 minutes ago, steve howlett said:

i wouldn't do that ryan..evidently everything looks ok.but in certain conditions the clouds are going black..might mess you up when the patch is released.

just a heads up

steve

In case there is a problem, can I not just use the backup of the original files REX made to restore things to default and then install the patch?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

course you can Ryan .just don't forget to do it before you apply patch. also would back up prepar3d.cfg and  EXE.dll.

i don't work for REX just love there software.

steve

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys I was wondering about this.

So according the REX folks, a patch is coming (as well some new products)

Can use the most recently updated interface to install the textures and mostly it should work.

Finally, absolutely ensure that a backup is made because there are reported issues and should be reversed before using a patched version of their texture installs.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

4 hours ago, Canuck said:

In case there is a problem, can I not just use the backup of the original files REX made to restore things to default and then install the patch?

OK I after updating to the most recent version. I pointed to P3D V4 and tried restore.  I heard it do something, then went to the location where the backups are stored under REX4 Plus Soft Clouds...and I find a FSX backup, a P3D V3 backup but no P3D V4...where is the backup stored so I can be actually sure it made a backup, does anyone know?

Near CAM3

For me REX from V3 works correctly in V4.

I'm on same side, but I do not apply water and waves yet as I want to keem them default. All absolutely fine for me.

Hope that new version will do not overwrite original files and will use add-on.xml .

There are much better alternatives out there just saying.. marketing ware direct however should work as is.

18 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

OK I after updating to the most recent version. I pointed to P3D V4 and tried restore.  I heard it do something, then went to the location where the backups are stored under REX4 Plus Soft Clouds...and I find a FSX backup, a P3D V3 backup but no P3D V4...where is the backup stored so I can be actually sure it made a backup, does anyone know?

Quoting myself here. But when I apply to make a backup it does not store it in the default location.

So I manually made my own backup. Except I saved the entire default folders just in case.

Effects

Scenery

- Global

- World

Sound

Texture

Near CAM3

Just in time :)

Here is our official press release on where REX is at on updating their products for Prepar3D v4:   It can be read on our forum:  https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45098-prepar3d-v4-–-rex-products-status-update/

PREPAR3D V4 – REX PRODUCTS STATUS UPDATE:

Thank you everyone for your patience.  Though we still have some testing to do with some products we can now give a firm update on our progress for upgrading REX products for Prepar3D.

The following is a list of products that will be receiving a hotfix to support Prepar3Dv4:  Estimated release June 2017

·         REX Worldwide Airports HD

·         REX 4 Texture Direct

·         REX 4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds

·         REX Soft Clouds

The following products will require a major service pack update to support 64bit for Prepar3Dv4: Estimated release TBD

·         REX 4 Weather Architect

·         REX Essentials Plus

·         REX Essentials Plus Overdrive

• Upvote 4

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

21 hours ago, rstough said:

Just in time :)

Here is our official press release on where REX is at on updating their products for Prepar3D v4:   It can be read on our forum:  https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45098-prepar3d-v4-–-rex-products-status-update/

PREPAR3D V4 – REX PRODUCTS STATUS UPDATE:

Thank you everyone for your patience.  Though we still have some testing to do with some products we can now give a firm update on our progress for upgrading REX products for Prepar3D.

The following is a list of products that will be receiving a hotfix to support Prepar3Dv4:  Estimated release June 2017

·         REX Worldwide Airports HD

·         REX 4 Texture Direct

·         REX 4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds

·         REX Soft Clouds

The following products will require a major service pack update to support 64bit for Prepar3Dv4: Estimated release TBD

·         REX 4 Weather Architect

·         REX Essentials Plus

·         REX Essentials Plus Overdrive

Thanks!

If you read the original thread posted on REX's website they are now reporting that many of the products now have a "mid-July" release date.   No biggie. 

Thanks,

Mark Trainer