Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Freeware Hawaiian Airports by George Keogh crashing P3D v4

I have downloaded the 3 Hawaiian Airport packages by George Keogh here and they are amazing quality, however Package 2 crashes P3D v4 whenever it loads up, and I'm thinking that it has to do with some old FS9 models being used. The problem is I don't know exactly which files to remove/disable in order to fix this. Package 2 adds airports to Oahu. It could be using some FS9 ship models in that area. Does anyone know the quickest and most efficient way to see exactly which files are incompatible with P3D v4 so that we can remove them and fly the sim again? For anyone that hasn't done so, and loves flying in the Hawaiian region, this package is a must have. Simply beautiful scenery.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

"AI Flight Planner" has an option to check for FS9 traffic files which I think will flag any FS9 files and allow you to convert to FSX, it's free so might be worth a try? It's under the Bulk Traffic tab.

Cheers

Martin

I just installed that yesterday, myself.  I didn't have any crashes flying around Oahu, but I did notice that some AI planes were invisible.  I could see their position lights, but no plane in between them. 

Is Wonder Woman out there?

Strange, now it's working fine. Anyways awesome. I wish I can find every single airport for the Hawaiian Region, since I love to fly VFR with my GA plane. Westside of Oahu is missing an airport, I don't recall the name of it. But this is one of my favorite regions to fly.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 hours ago, captain420 said:

Westside of Oahu is missing an airport, I don't recall the name of it. 

I lived on Oahu for 12 years and don't recall an airport on the west side.

On 6/8/2017 at 11:39 PM, RoboRay said:

I lived on Oahu for 12 years and don't recall an airport on the west side.

On Oahu? Kalaeloa is the airport on the "West" more like south side. If youre talking about north, thats Dillingham.

4 hours ago, kalen said:

On Oahu? Kalaeloa is the airport on the "West" more like south side. If youre talking about north, thats Dillingham.

Kalaeloa isn't missing, though... it's there.  Dillingham isn't missing, either.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:56 AM, RoboRay said:

Kalaeloa isn't missing, though... it's there.  Dillingham isn't missing, either.

yeah im not too sure what airport he's thinking about

Yeah... the scenery wasn't really designed for P3Dv4, but it works to some extent... with heavy addon aircraft I've gotten random CTDs (immediate, with no crash dialogue). 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

If you like Hawaii and VFR flying check out hawaii-photoreal.com

It is photoscenery covering all of Hawaii made to bland with Georges Airports.

H-Photoreal is nice, but be aware that it lacks autogen making the islands look very sparse at lower altitudes. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

There is a new free add-on on their site to add some autogen. See https://hawaii-photoreal.com/download/hawaii-extra-contents/

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

This is caused by FS9 legacy AI aircraft being used by the designers. Sone AI show without animated parts eg gear, rotors etc while others crash the sim. AI is no longer part of the P3D download.