Sign in to follow this  
Berike

Anyone using Ryzen 7 for P3D v4?

Just wanted to know if there is anyone using P3D v4 with Ryzen 7 CPU and how is the performance and CPU usage in P3D.

If possible, share your settings and GPU used too

I am also curious about this also as AMD cpu's seem to be catching up with intel's cpu's. 

Intel's recent announcement of their CoreX lineup is a bit of a disappointment in my opinion.  

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Yes Intel isn't pushing as hard as they used to- the AMD Ryzen seems to push things in a new direction that may be interesting- how ever I was reading a technical article that some assembly language techniques that work well on an Intel platform may suffer on AMD, and vise versa as well.   I'm interested in reading more about this myself, specifically for the Prepar3d V4 engine and not the generalized game engines in general.

Mark Trainer

Looks like most of people here are using Intel haha, didn't find any video on youtube to check P3D or XP11 using Ryzen CPU

i wanted to know as well, doesn't seem to be any amd user's.i was curious if p3d 4 and x-plane 11 would use all the cores from a ryzen 7 1800x or 1700.i know the intel 5820k and the 6800k had terrible performance because the low clock speeds.

i´m also thinking about threadripper 16 core if it can challange i0 series performance wise

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Hello all,

What will be interesting  will be the new AMD GPU (releasing towards the end of this month) and the AMD Ryzen combination. I vaguely remember reading that the new GPU has new High Band width memory (HBM2) and 16GBs of it too. Personally, however,  I think that the Intel/Nvidia will remain hard to beat for the time being. Interest times ahead on top of the 64bit sims. I just wonder if it is worth the wait Hmmmmmm?

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Anyone have video or performance to show your Ryzen running P3D v4? I saw on a live stream from Laminar Research that they will provide an update sometime to give more performance to more cores, but since I never anything from Lockheed Martin, we need to help each other to show the performance using Ryzen CPU or even X99 CPUs

i bought a ryzen 7 1700 as a second computer for testing, it runs well for both p3d 4 and x-plane 11. it hammers 2 cores with p3d 4 instead of one and in x-plane they all go to 100 percent during loading and then level off, thats with all 16 threads at 3.8ghz, i was pretty impressed for low clock speeds. the 7700k still does have about a 5-10 percent edge in my testing, but my next main build will be a ryzen system,i can stream and play with no loss of framerate, i can run at 3.8ghz on the 1700, with my ram at 3,000 mhz with a 1080ti. i am sure the videocard has alot to do with it.

14 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

i bought a ryzen 7 1700 as a second computer for testing, it runs well for both p3d 4 and x-plane 11. it hammers 2 cores with p3d 4 instead of one and in x-plane they all go to 100 percent during loading and then level off, thats with all 16 threads at 3.8ghz, i was pretty impressed for low clock speeds. the 7700k still does have about a 5-10 percent edge in my testing, but my next main build will be a ryzen system,i can stream and play with no loss of framerate, i can run at 3.8ghz on the 1700, with my ram at 3,000 mhz with a 1080ti. i am sure the videocard has alot to do with it.

Good to know, I have the same GPU, can you tell your add-ons and avg framerate?

with orbx ftx global, the pmdg 777,fsdreamteam airports,active sky 16, my average fps is between 45-55, i am getting 60-65 with the 7700k,i don't fly as much as i use to and i use alot of other programs such as photoshop, planetcoaster,tower 3d,trainz,battlefield one, the ryzen works well, i only bought the 1700 because i didnt want to spend 450.00 for the 1800x if it was gonna be terrible performance,20 percent of the ryzen 1700's will hit 4-4.1 ghz, i haven't really tried. one huge plus is the 1700 idles at 16-18c and doesn't go over 40-45c under full load, i see that as amazing. now i am sure if i pushed it to the 1.45v at 4ghz it would run alot hotter.i am glad i waited until ryzen matured some, memory works well now, i may just sell my 7700k and send the 1700 back and buy the 1700x or 1800x, i wish now i would have bought at least the 1700x. another good suggestion, i bought the asus crossair iv x370 and its backwards compatible with all am3 coolers.i bought the 1700 because it came with a cooler and found out i don't need it. i will post a video showing my fps tomorrow. if i am in a stock aiicraft i get between 80-90 fps, which is great.

What resolution are you using? I have a ultrawide monitor, 3440x1440

My target on games is 100fps, but 60fps for Sim is enough

i am using a 32 inch 2k monitor i sim on and 2 1080p monitors on each side for efass and charts ect... i still see 4k as not ready yet until the next gen video cards, my opinion obviously.

i also Think about a Threadripper system for p3dv4.

tommorow when the nda is falling we will know more.

i also think about the new vega64 so a completely AMD build;-)

my first since 15 years.

but I still wait for the tests otherwise i build a 8 core x299 system.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT