Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Wow beautiful photoreal scenery for the entire Hawaiian Islands

I knew about this project for awhile, but it crossed my mind since I haven't been back to P3D ever since the the release of v4. But they seem to have been making some great progress with the photoscenery for the entire Hawaiian region: https://hawaii-photoreal.com

I was looking forward to FTX Hawaii full fat region, but the project ended up getting scrapped I heard, which is a real bummer.

Has anyone used this and know if it works with P3D v4? I'm curious as whether or not if we will still get autogen on top of the photoreal scenery. Like in X-Plane, you can have the best of both worlds. But last time if I recall in P3D, if you're running photoscenery, it won't have any autogen on top, so that means if you fly during night, you won't get lighting or autogen, it's all flat, which kills the immersion for me since I like to fly during dusk/dawn hours.

With that being said, its been awhile, and I'm not sure if things have changed or improved in that regards. if P3D is able to show autogen from addons such as FTX openLC, FTX Trees HD, and P3D v4's autogen, this this scenery would be amazing.

If anyone has this scenery and could chime in, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking about purchasing this if it will work with autogen and be compatible with FTX Global, openLC NA, FTX Trees HD and Airports from FSDT.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have the entire suite of this scenery installed into P3D V3 and Its beautiful.  Complimented with my FS DreamTeam Hawaiian packages. A Great place to fly.

I have not tried to install any of it into P3D V4 yet. I would imagine it all works.  And I believe that FSDT has installers for the Hawaiian scenery I read somewhere.  Things are happening so fast I can't keep up.

Bryan

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

The Hawaii Photoreal sceneries come with their own autogen.

I have it installed in P3Dv3 too, together with the FSDT sceneries and also with the George Keogh freeware packs and some other freeware.

The installation of all these together is a lot of manual copy and delete and whatever iirc, so that it works alltogether. But every step to be done for maximum compatibility is documented in the readmes.

I also hope i can fly there in V4 again!

(not much installed so far. Tomorrow my Z:biggrin:tac 1080ti amp extr and a 1gb 960 evo pci ssd will arrive and the V4 testrun has an end) <off t:angry:pic

• Upvote 1

hawaii photoreal works fine on v4 along with GKeogh's 3 pkgs. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

That's great to know! Thanks guys, looking forward to getting this soon!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I love flying the Hawaiian Island Chain - it's one of my favorite places to fly.  But I dislike the idea of having to stitch so many different packages together...kinda wish ORBX would do a special that included terrain and airports and mesh and autogen and photo....etc.   An all in one solution.  I think if they could pull this off they could charge a bit more for this area than their regular regions.  Heck I'd buy.  We need a comprehensive solution and not a hodge-podge of add-ons, some free, some not.

Mark Trainer

Okay I just made a donation and downloaded the plus version, however when I try to extract, it's asking for a password. Where do I find this?

3 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I have the entire suite of this scenery installed into P3D V3 and Its beautiful.  Complimented with my FS DreamTeam Hawaiian packages. A Great place to fly.

I have not tried to install any of it into P3D V4 yet. I would imagine it all works.  And I believe that FSDT has installers for the Hawaiian scenery I read somewhere.  Things are happening so fast I can't keep up.

Bryan

Ive flown all the FSDT Hawaii packages, all worked well. Ive also flown dozens of hours over photoreal, haven't found a package that doesn't work via direct entry into the scenery librtary, Im confident that any orthoscenery will be fine, plus performs better than v3.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, mtrainer said:

I love flying the Hawaiian Island Chain - it's one of my favorite places to fly.  But I dislike the idea of having to stitch so many different packages together...kinda wish ORBX would do a special that included terrain and airports and mesh and autogen and photo....etc.   An all in one solution.  I think if they could pull this off they could charge a bit more for this area than their regular regions.  Heck I'd buy.  We need a comprehensive solution and not a hodge-podge of add-ons, some free, some not.

Mark Trainer

What's that old line "good things come to those who wait"?  But I suspect you might be waiting a very long time my friend.

Some of us on the other hand have bit the bullet and pulled together these packages and created a superb flying package right now.

Here's what I did. Firstly collected the scenery packages. Got up on a Saturday morning, fairly early, started pouring my morning coffees, then went at it. Didn't take all that long. But you need to allow time to read through and patch properly. I have a few hiccups but they were easy to track down. Once it done you are good to go.

Near CAM3

Bryan, did you make a donation in order to get the Plus version? If so, how did you extract it? It's asking for a password, and I can't find it anywhere.

13 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Bryan, did you make a donation in order to get the Plus version? If so, how did you extract it? It's asking for a password, and I can't find it anywhere.

Check your email?

Planning to get this but I'll wait to see if you succeed.

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Yes I made a donation and was sent an email with a series of codes. Can't recall how long it took.

Near CAM3

18 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

no P3D

Don't fear the words 'Flight Simulator X', brother.

downloadlink_zpsoysm0009.jpg

• Upvote 2