Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

How to get P3D to change local time for each airport?

I am used to fsx so sorry if that has been asked, but in fsx I have my home airport and default flight set to that. If I change to another airport, the sim automatically changes the set time to that local time at the new airport. In P3D it is synced to my set time in every airport I choose. I have to look up the current default time at each airport I load into and change to it before loading the flight. Can that be changed in P3D to be like fsx?

When you open the Navigation - Go to airport tab, you will see a box right below Starting Location that says Restore Time on Move - make sure that box is unticked.

• Upvote 1

Lee Holdridge

i7 8700K 4.8 OC 32GB Ram 11GB GTX 1080ti

Has been one of the annoyances since moving to p3d in v2 and continues to remain unaddressed in the start up screen. The above mentioned checkbox only works when already loaded a flight then changing to another airport inside the sim.

34 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

FS Real Time

is it compatible with V4?

Ali A.

PC: I7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz | ASUS Z87-Pro MB | Dell 30" Monitor | ASUS GTX1080 Ti OC | Intel 256GB x 2  SSD | WD x 2 HD for data and backups | Corsair H110 CPU Cooler | 16GB DDR3 RAM | TrackIR V5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhion | Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Simulator: P3D Pro V5 HF1, (Orbx FTX Global + Victor + OLC EU + NA+HD Trees, TE GBS, LOWI, Barcelona CityScene), FSGX2010, (REX SF 3D, EF, WA HD), (FSDT JFK+LAX+ORD+GSX2), (FB DEN+SFO+IAD), (T2G SEA+OTHH), UK2000 EGLL, FlyTampa DXB, BDOaviation JED, Project 79 Abha. FSUIPC5, HiFi AS, UT Live, EZCA3, FSFX Packages 737+777+787, PMDG 737+777+747, QW 787, FSL A320X, Majestic -8, A2A C172.

Additional simulators: X-Plane 11, FSX, FSX-SE, FSW, (all not in use).

You could tick in Options>Aplication General Use System time for default scenario...

Jorge

1 hour ago, penta_a said:

is it compatible with V4?

Yep.

regards, Andy

P3Dv4 | i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |16GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for P3D, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

2 hours ago, aeronauta said:

You could tick in Options>Aplication General Use System time for default scenario...

Jorge

Yep its that easy.

David Murden.  P3D v5  FSL A321 / A320 / A319 : PMDG NGu / 748PMDG NG / 747-/ 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :

DCS: A10C Warthog : AV-8B Harrier :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet 

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.      My PMDG NGXu Light Mod      My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.  

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Yep its that easy.

No I have that set and no matter the airport I choose it changes every airport I set to my current system time

Very odd

David Murden.  P3D v5  FSL A321 / A320 / A319 : PMDG NGu / 748PMDG NG / 747-/ 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :

DCS: A10C Warthog : AV-8B Harrier :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet 

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.      My PMDG NGXu Light Mod      My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.  

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

7 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

No I have that set and no matter the airport I choose it changes every airport I set to my current system time

As suggested above, make sure Use System time is ticked and saved with your default scenario and Restore time on move is unticked when you select another airport. If both those are set, you won't have to do it again, it will work every time. It's one of the first things to do when setting up a default scenario.

Lee Holdridge

On 6/10/2017 at 5:58 AM, Midnight Music said:

As suggested above, make sure Use System time is ticked and saved with your default scenario and Restore time on move is unticked when you select another airport. If both those are set, you won't have to do it again, it will work every time. It's one of the first things to do when setting up a default scenario.

I can never uncheck that box "restore time on move" it is grayed out.

I posted this elsewhere, it might have something to do with first setting up a default scenario, something to try.

If you are starting from the main menu with no default scenario set up, it may be the the Restore Time on Move function doesn't work. Try creating a default scenario that your sim loads into at start. Most of us pick a local airport to our location and use System Time and save it with the start up default scenario. That way when you load the sim it comes into your current local time. Then from there to go somewhere else in the world, the sim has a point of reference. See if unticking the Restore Time on Move box works with that setup.

Lee Holdridge