Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

How to get P3D to change local time for each airport?

I am used to fsx so sorry if that has been asked, but in fsx I have my home airport and default flight set to that. If I change to another airport, the sim automatically changes the set time to that local time at the new airport. In P3D it is synced to my set time in every airport I choose. I have to look up the current default time at each airport I load into and change to it before loading the flight. Can that be changed in P3D to be like fsx?

When you open the Navigation - Go to airport tab, you will see a box right below Starting Location that says Restore Time on Move - make sure that box is unticked.

• Upvote 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Has been one of the annoyances since moving to p3d in v2 and continues to remain unaddressed in the start up screen. The above mentioned checkbox only works when already loaded a flight then changing to another airport inside the sim.

FS Real Time

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

34 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

FS Real Time

is it compatible with V4?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

You could tick in Options>Aplication General Use System time for default scenario...

Jorge

1 hour ago, penta_a said:

is it compatible with V4?

Yep.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

2 hours ago, aeronauta said:

You could tick in Options>Aplication General Use System time for default scenario...

Jorge

Yep its that easy.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Yep its that easy.

No I have that set and no matter the airport I choose it changes every airport I set to my current system time

Very odd

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

No I have that set and no matter the airport I choose it changes every airport I set to my current system time

As suggested above, make sure Use System time is ticked and saved with your default scenario and Restore time on move is unticked when you select another airport. If both those are set, you won't have to do it again, it will work every time. It's one of the first things to do when setting up a default scenario.

Lee H

On 6/10/2017 at 5:58 AM, Midnight Music said:

As suggested above, make sure Use System time is ticked and saved with your default scenario and Restore time on move is unticked when you select another airport. If both those are set, you won't have to do it again, it will work every time. It's one of the first things to do when setting up a default scenario.

I can never uncheck that box "restore time on move" it is grayed out.

I posted this elsewhere, it might have something to do with first setting up a default scenario, something to try.

If you are starting from the main menu with no default scenario set up, it may be the the Restore Time on Move function doesn't work. Try creating a default scenario that your sim loads into at start. Most of us pick a local airport to our location and use System Time and save it with the start up default scenario. That way when you load the sim it comes into your current local time. Then from there to go somewhere else in the world, the sim has a point of reference. See if unticking the Restore Time on Move box works with that setup.

Lee H