Sign in to follow this  

You are using a pirated version - that's our internal piracy protection causing those errors. If you want it to work, buy it. It's not only damaging me, but it's completely unfair on the people who are buying it and using it fairly. 

• Upvote 5

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

lol... you're fooling nobody bud, sorry. (Also key sharing is technically pirating too btw).

Matt Davies

=====
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

4 minutes ago, amit24075844 said:

This is legal, my friend bought it and gave me his serial to use it.

What is legal about that?  You are participating in a form of software piracy by sharing this product.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

12 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

lol... you're fooling nobody bud, sorry. (Also key sharing is technically pirating too btw).

Thank you for the "GOOD SUPPORT" and "ATITUDE". I hope you will not talk like that to custumers of yours. it is just disrespectful.

3 minutes ago, amit24075844 said:

Thank you for the "GOOD SUPPORT" and "ATITUDE". I hope you will not talk like that to costumers of yours. it is just disrespectful.

Absolutely I would not talk to customers in that way. Customers. You are nothing but a thief.

• Upvote 5

Matt Davies

=====

8 minutes ago, amit24075844 said:

Thank you for the "GOOD SUPPORT" and "ATITUDE". I hope you will not talk like that to costumers of yours. it is just disrespectful.

So devs should be polite to people who stole from them? logic

Note that Matt could have gone ballistic on you, he was nice and civil in this case.

• Upvote 1

wow the dude pirating is one thing, but demanding for support after doing so is just golden ! :D

Madness overload .

kind regards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CAG2 said:

So devs should be polite to people who stole from them? logic

yes he should be polite to every person and explain the situation with respect to the people he is talking to no matter who he is.

despite him being disrespectful I understood what he meant and I will still buy the product because I don't want for the developers to lose money on in because I do care.

next time I hope if someone will approach him he will talk nicely.

Just now, amit24075844 said:

despite him being disrespectful I understood what he meant and I will still buy the product because I don't want for the developers to loose money on in because I do care.

Please read my whole message. I literally just said that he was respectful and civil in this situation.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, amit24075844 said:

yes he should be polite to every person and explain the situation with respect to the people he is talking to no matter who he is.

despite him being disrespectful I understood what he meant and I will still buy the product because I don't want for the developers to lose money on in because I do care.

next time I hope if someone will approach him he will talk nicely.

So you wernt going to buy it since you could get it off your "friend" for free but are now going to buy it, and because of that he should of treated you nicely when you pirated it............

55 minutes ago, amit24075844 said:

yes he should be polite to every person and explain the situation with respect to the people he is talking to no matter who he is

Frankly, you pirate something. You get the treatment that comes with it. Simple; and quite rightly so. Other communities may turn a blind eye to pirates but the flight sim community does not. We have not, and we never will. Regardless of who you are, who Matt is, it doesn't matter if you're the Secretary General of the United Nations, if you pirate something. Expect the treatment that comes with it. Especially if you openly ask for support when piratings....to the official developers, that just is a plain lack of common sense.

This is legal, my friend bought it and gave me his serial to use it.

That doesn't make anything legal. Under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, sharing product keys is not just unethical but illegal and comes under a breach of intellectual property laws. Governing venue of the United Kingdom. 

Also, the big bullet points that state the few Terms and Conditions Matt has on this product state; 

1MRp1G3.png

So not only is it a breach of UK Intellectual Property Laws, but a breach of the SimTweaks Terms and Conditions.

Edited by Joseph Messore
The legal jargon
  • Upvote 3